Chapter 4

You wake up with a jolt. You were dreaming about something. The white place... But you refused to dwell on it. You still had the practical exam today. There was no guarantee it would be as easy as the written exam. You had to have a strong mind today. You had to have focus.

But then you remembered what had happened the night before, with Roy. The memories of it all flooded your mind, as well as the feelings that went with them. But you were happy about it. You could use that as motivation. Motivation to pass. To get stronger. To be the person Roy saw in you.

You got dressed in an outfit identical to the one you wore yesterday, and put your hair in a ponytail. You thought you might need it out of your face if this would be a skill assessment.

You got to HQ as quickly as you could, hoping Roy would be there and have time to see you. But waiting for you was Havoc, just like the day before. Ah well, I guess I'll just go with it.

"Morning (l/n). Colonel Mustang sent me to escort you to the site of the next exam, and to give you a message. He says to expect an appearance tonight."
He nudged you with his elbow, while a teasing smile grew on his face. "You and the Colonel, heh? He a good kisser?" You blushed profusely.

"Shut up Havoc. You're talking so loud I'm sure they can hear you all the way in Drachma." He laughed and lit a cigarette.

"I'm just messing with you (l/n). I hope it goes well though. He needs someone like that in his life. He's been kind of a loner since I've known him, now that I think about it. One time Hughes told him he needs to find a wife and he almost blew a fuse. Just don't hurt him (l/n)." You looked up at Havoc in confusion.

"Why would I want to hurt him? He's done nothing to me that would make me even consider it." Havoc met your eyes. He seemed satisfied with your words.

"We're here. Good luck (l/n). Don't hurt yourself." He smiled down at you, and you chuckled, appreciating him trying to lighten the mood.

"Of course I won't. Thanks Havoc." He turned away. You wondered if he was going to Roy's office, wherever that was. But you didn't think about that for long. You were in the same room as yesterday, but only about half of the guys from yesterday were there.

You sat in the same spot as last time, and mentally prepared yourself for anything. You had to be ready.