Chapter 11

(A/N)- I will be starting a new story today! It will be a Chrollo x Reader. If you get the chance to check it out, please do! Also thanks for over 300 reads! I only thought I'd get like 5 so it's appreciated. Now on to the chapter!

Your POV

As you walked around the city with Edward and Alphonse, there was an awkward silence between you three. So you decided to break it.

"So, I've heard a lot about you two from Roy. Especially a lot about you Fullmetal. The thing that intrigued me the most is hearing you can do transmutation without a circle. Do you mind giving me a demonstration?" He looked up at you, slightly taken aback.

"Uh, sure. What do you want me to make?" You thought for a moment.

"Can you make a dagger for me?" He seemed to relax a bit.

"Oh sure. That's easy." He clapped his hands together and slammed them down to the pavement. Then he slowly pulled a dagger from the ground, and handed it to you.

"One dagger, ma'm!" You examined it. The hilt had some nice carvings, and the blade was nice and strong. You experimentally threw it up into the air and caught it with one hand.

"Thank you. It's nice." Then you removed your gloves and put them into your pockets. Edward tilted his head, watching you in curiosity. Alphonse continued to watch in silence. You clapped your hands and slammed them to the ground, as Edward had. Then you pulled out and exact replica of the dagger he had made, and handed it to him.

"Equivalent exchange! Here, kid." His eyes were bulging from their sockets. Alphonse gasped.

"B-brother! She's like you!" You smiled at them.

"Yep. I don't need a circle either. The gloves are just a show, to throw people off. And Alphonse, how long has your soul been bound to that armor?" Edward's eyes got even bigger, and Alphonse gasped again, taking a step back.

"H-how did you know?"

"It's a little hard to tell, but your steps sound kinda hollow. And if you weren't bound to the armor, surely you would've been seen without it at some point. And judging from the fact that Edward has automail, you guys did it, didn't you? You tried to bring someone back." You leaned over to Edward and whispered in his ear. "Say, kid, have you seen the white place?" He stepped back, his mouth agape. You smiled. It was amusing seeing them so flustered.

"W-who are you?" Edward asked in shock.

"Just someone who knows how to put the pieces together." He looked at you cautiously.

"If you've seen the Truth you must have done it too."

"The Truth?"

"The white place you were talking about. That was inside the Portal of Truth."

"Well, I didn't commit it. But if what you're saying is true, then my family must have done it. There was some sort of accident when I was really young, and I was the only one to survive. There were a bunch of gross things on the floor in the middle of the circle, and blood everywhere." Edward took this in, and was silent for a moment, deep in thought.

"Then one of them must have traded themselves for you after you were taken into the portal. That's the only thing I can think of that makes sense." Given Equivalent Exchange, he was probably right. That was the only thing that would make sense. Alphonse finally spoke up.

"But how did you piece this all together so quickly? You've only been around us for a couple of hours. Brother and I usually can keep it a secret and people don't figure it out easily. Did someone tell you?"

"Roy only told me that you had an 'accident' when you were younger, and that you had no parents. Given that, plus Edward's automail, and your hollow armor, that's the only logical thing I could come up with. And the fact that Edward could use his alchemy without a circle was intriguing, considering I can do it too. So I figured maybe that had something to do with the white place—or Truth if that's what it's called."

You started to walk away. They looked after you and started to follow.

"Where are you going?" You stopped.

"We're on a job, aren't we? We started it, so have to finish." With that you turned to continue your patrol of the city, Edward and Alphonse not far behind.

(A/N) -
Sorry for the shorter chapter. (It was only 763 words) I have a couple of other stories to update tonight, and it's already pretty late. I'll be coming out with a new story soon, so be ready for that.