Chapter 14

The next four days dragged by as slow as possible. There weren't any murders, and even though you'd been losing sleep, staying awake in case you were attacked in the night, nothing happened. Roy refused to let you out of his sight, or Riza's, when you went to work. Yet, those four days were completely uneventful.

On the fifth day after the fight with Envy, there was another murder. Though the murders before this one had all been adults, this one was a child. A little girl, in fact, shot between the eyes. There had been a teddy bear in her arms when she'd been found in an alley in Meredith. There was an ouroboros burned into her thigh. In the same spot as Envy.

A hot tear slid down your cheek as you closed the report that had been passed around the usual group in Roy's office. You knew Envy had committed this murder, even if he'd had accomplices who'd committed the previous ones. You knew because of where the ouroboros had been burned onto the little girl. You knew he'd done it to get to you.

Envy, you thought. That bastard. I'll find a way to destroy him. I swear it.

Unknown POV

You lurked in the shadows of the room, watching the light catch the single tear falling down y/n's face. The fact that she cried didn't surprise you. Humans were weak. Anything mortal was. That was why homunculi were so much better. There were none of the mortals' stupid emotions to hold you back. To hurt you.

Weak girl. So fragile. Father will enjoy having her for a test. A more special sacrifice. She will be broken with ease.

Your POV

As you passed the report to Riza, you felt eyes burning into from a shadowed corner. You squinted, staring at the spot. But no matter how hard you stared at it, there was just nothing there. But as you pulled some paperwork to you from the corner of your desk, you almost heard a faint laughing sneer. It almost seemed to form the words 'stupid mortal'.

Sorry for the short chapter. Just made this one to add another perspective to the story. Who do you think it is? You'll find out soon enough, because they'll be causing some major trouble in the soon to come chapters :)