Chapter 6

You were passed out on the couch of your hotel room when you were woken by a knock on the door. You didn't even bother grabbing your switchblade this time. You were too tired to care.

"Hello?" In the hallway was a nervous looking Roy Mustang. He seemed to hesitate a moment, then he spoke.

"(Y/n), when were you gonna tell me you could do flame alchemy?" You sighed. Of course he would feel a bit odd. This was something you'd never showed him, and he trusted you.

"Well I was going to tell you, but every time I went over it in my head, it sounded kinda stupid. So I just decided to show you instead. I knew it would shock you, but I figured that you'd understand." He looked at you in confusion.

"Understand what? What is there to understand?"

"Come inside and sit with me. I'll explain everything." You took him by the hand and lead him to the couch, closing the door behind you.

"I've always been able to do both water and flame alchemy, since I was a young child. I started off with transmutation circles like most people, then I eventually found that I didn't need them. I decided that if I used only my water alchemy in public, while wearing gloves with transmutation circles on them, I could have my flame alchemy as a secret weapon. In a fight, it would give me an advantage. But now that the military knows I can use flame alchemy, I'm assuming my State title will have something to do with fire. I'm not very well known, and I don't typically use alchemy publicly in the first place. So now it won't really cause a problem if people know I'm a flame alchemist, because right now most people don't know I'm an alchemist to begin with. Does that make sense?"

He thought it over for a minute. His expression of nervous confusion gradually faded.

"I guess it does. But I'm still a little disappointed you didn't tell me before. I trust you, and I want you to trust me too."

"Roy. Of course I trust you. But since you're disappointed in me, I think I'll have to make it up to you." He smiled.

"And just how do you plan to do that?"

"Like this." You leaned up and softly kissed him. You wrapped your arms around his neck while he put his arms around your waist and pulled you into him. You ran your fingers through his hair, and he started to kiss you harder.

Your heart was beating fast, and you felt your face heating up. The way his lips felt against yours was pure bliss. He pulled you into his lap, making you gasp. He laughed and pulled away.

"I'll need to have you make things up to me more often. I like this. I like kissing you." Roy kissed you again for emphasis.

You laughed. Then you hugged him, and layed your head on his chest. You could hear his heart beating. It was steady and reassuring.

"I love you Roy." He layed down with you still on top of him. He kissed your forehead.

"I love you too (y/n)." He was rubbing your back, and you felt your eyelids getting heavy. Soon you were asleep.

Roy's POV

She was sound asleep. You chuckled softly. God she's adorable. You kissed her forehead again. As she slept, you couldn't take your eyes off her. In that moment, you realized you wanted to protect her from everyone and everything. You wanted to shield her from the horrible things in the world. You wanted her to be yours forever.

But you also realized that she'd become a State Alchemist, like you. She was now a part of the military. You couldn't shield her from her duties. There would be things you couldn't protect her from, because they would be a part of her job as a State Alchemist.

But you would do everything you could to keep her from getting hurt. If someone tried to hurt her, you'd destroy them.  No one would take her away from you. No one.

You eventually drifted off into sleep, still holding her.