Chapter 12

A/N—
Sorry it took so long for me to update. I've been so busy the past few weeks with color guard and school I've barely even had time to eat, let alone write. Also, if anyone has any requests for chapter plots they'd like, feel free to put them in the comments. Thanks for 1k reads! But here's the new chapter, hope ya like it.

Reader POV

The patrol was uneventful besides the amusing incident with the brothers. Every so often they would anxiously glance over at you, only to see you smirk down at them. They would quickly look away. You figured you'd intimidated them with your little demonstration and figuring them out so easily.

It was now night as you opened the door to the house you shared with Roy. He was already home, sitting at the kitchen table with a pile of papers in front of him. His face was contorted in frustration, and his hair was messed up from him running his fingers through it.

"Roy? What's wrong?" You walked over and sat next to him, worried.

"There's a serial killer on the loose. He's killed multiple state alchemists. There doesn't seem to be much pattern to the attacks. They've been happening all over. There's been one attack in Central, and the others have been scattered across the country. Those have all been alchemists on jobs."

"How's he been killing them?"

"Multiple ways. Dismemberment, suffocation, shot to the head, beaten to death...the only reason we know they were all him is because there's always a mark on each one of the bodies. There's always a burnt on ouroboros."

This made your breath hitch. You'd seen that mark on someone before. You just couldn't remember who. But whoever had that mark was probably the one killing state alchemists. Meaning that both you and Roy were in danger.

Roy looked up at your silence and noticed the look of worry on your face deepen to dread.

"Y/n? Are you okay? Do you know something?" You slowly shook your head. If you knew something you would have told him already. Roy knew that. So why did he ask?

"I'm fine. I was just thinking." You eyed him suspiciously. Roy trusted you. He would never question if you had a part in something like that. Was this actually Roy?

You grabbed his left arm and pulled back the sleeve, looking for a little scar that had been made within your first month of living together. He'd been chopping potatoes and he hadn't heard you walk into the kitchen, so when you spoke he'd jumped, nicking himself with the knife that was in his other hand. You couldn't see the scar. This wasn't Roy.

"Y/n? What are you doing?" You dropped his arm and slowly backed away.

"I don't know who you are, but I don't appreciate you impersonating my fiancé. Who are you?" As you glared at the stranger, their face twisted into a wicked smile.

"Smart girl. Gotta give you credit for that." As he spoke, his hair turned green and started to grow into long downward spikes. He thinned, gaining a lean form, wearing what appeared to be a crop top and a skirt. His voice also changed.

"Who are you?" You glared maliciously. This imposter was clearly not someone to be taken lightly, and you didn't know much else about them.

"I'm Envy. Not that it really matters. You'll be dead soon anyway." With that he stalked toward you, intent to kill written all over his face.