Chapter ten

Joules' POV

_________________________________________

I woke up the next morning and felt safe as I could feel Lucius' arms around me. Gosh, I loved him. Why didn't I tell him? I thought to myself. He told me he loved me, so why didn't I tell him the same? It wasn't a lie...

I rolled over in his arms to find my new boyfriend was still peacefully asleep. I hadn't the heart to wake him up, but I didn't have to. He stirred and opened his eyes sleepily. He smiled at me and quietly said, "Morning, gorgeous." I blushed shyly. I wasn't one that enjoyed compliments.

"You don't believe me when I say you're gorgeous, do you?" He asked, knowing fully well that I didn't. I sighed, if I had to put up with this all the time.....

He knew I didn't believe him, and knowing him, he would say anything to boost my confidence. "C'mon Joules......you're not going to believe anything I say, will you?" He said, looking at me. I laughed, "Nope!" making him smile.

"Where are we going today? Looking for a place to stay, I presume?" He asked, and I nodded. "Then lead the way, Joules."

Lucius' POV

_________________________________________

"Then lead the way, Joules." I said to her, feeling that she had a better sense of where we should stay then I did. She led me to an abandoned barn. I raised an eyebrow in question, as if to say, you sure we won't start a fire and burn it down? She shook her head to say no and led me inside. It wasn't bad, it still had a cot, working water, and was impossible to see from the highway. Good. However, I saw Joules staring at the only bed and she looked back at me. I smirked to tease her, though in reality, I wouldn't try anything.

"Shut it, Sparky." She said and smirked. This made me scowl, but it was quickly replaced with a smile. She often called me Sparky to annoy me, but it wasn't a bad nickname. After all, we both had the power to electrocute people.

"So what now?" I asked, mainly just curious if she had a plan. "I have no idea." She replied, making me smile, but we both jumped when we heard pounding at the door.