Chapter twenty-six

Joules' POV

_________________________________________

I had barely spoken a word since my father's death. What can I say? I loved him and we were close when I was little.

I told Lucius that we should leave the lot and look for a safer place to reside, but he refused. He knew I wasn't up to traveling.

So there I was, lying in an abandoned lot, heartbroken and sad. Not even my boyfriend could cheer me up.

Lucius' POV

___________________________________

I felt terrible for Joules. I couldn't cheer her up, no matter how hard I tried. She refused to even eat. I was scared for her health.

"C'mon Joules, you need to eat something. You can't starve yourself just because your father died." I say, trying to convince her.

".....Okay, I guess," she said, quite reluctantly.

I eventually got her to eat a few berries I'd managed to find, and I took none of them. Noticing I wasn't eating, she forced me to eat a few. My Joules was back, at least for now.

I wasn't sure what else to say, so I decided to try to distract her. When we were done eating, I leaned over and pulled her close, starting to kiss her.

She obliged, getting so close se was practically sitting in my lap. I held her waist as she ran her fingers though my chocolate-colored hair. I moaned slightly, and broke the kiss to trail my lips down her neck and collarbone.

She moaned my name breathily, turning me on more than I could describe. It made me want nothing more than to just hold her tightly and kiss her forever.

She spread her legs and sat on my waist. She tugged at the hem of my shirt, and I took it off, all scars forgotten. She always had a way of making me feel like I was flawless, even though I had plenty.

I pulled back as I got her to take off her shirt as well. She seemed scared I'd say something, like she'd be rejected or something.

Now, I don't want to sound like a pervert, but there was a reason Zoran thought she was pretty, and it wasn't just her face. She was also well-developed, if you know what I mean.

Gosh, I loved her. I told her all the time, and she said it back. I was never more happy in my life.

Suddenly, she blushed and went to pull her shirt back on. I had lightly trailed my fingers down her bare upper half, and she shivered. I think I had scared her.

"Joules.....you alright?" I hesitantly ask.

"Yeah, I guess. It's just.....you said yourself that you're afraid of losing control, and now that my dad's dead, I just feel more vulnerable." She said.

I tried to grasp what she was saying. Hang on, losing control, more vulnerable? No.....please no.....

"Joules.....are......are you afraid of me?"

(A/N: hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while but I was busy with stuff for this school year, and I saved part of this as a draft for....forever. Forgive me guys. Epic fail.)