Chapter eleven

Lucius' POV

_________________________________________

Joules jumped and spread her fingers, electricity crackling. "Hide it until we see who it is," I whispered. She looked ready to fight me on it, but I sent her a pleading look and she nodded.

I hesitantly opened the door to see a mother and her young little boy - who was no older than four - cold and tired. The mother politely asked if they could stay with us for a few days. I told her one minute as I walked back to check with Joules. She was hesitant to let them in, but eventually complied.

"If you don't mind then we'll just sleep on the floor," the mother said.

"Oh no, please, take the bed," Joules said politely. She and I lay down on the floor and I started to drift off when I felt Joules shiver. I felt bad, she shouldn't have to be cold....

Joules' POV

_________________________________________

I told the mother of the boy that they should take the bed so Lucius and I took the floor. I could feel Lucius start to drift off beside me when I began to shiver. Suddenly, however, I sensed that Lucius had rolled over or done something of that sort because I no longer felt his warmth. A minute later, though, I felt something drape over me. Black, cottony, and smelled like the woods. It was Lucius' jacket. He lay back down beside me and asked, "Better?"

I replied, "Yes, thank you." as I quickly fell asleep.