Chapter 29

(A/N: ok so this chapter and a few others are dedicated to fellow Wattpad user Riley_Bloom who came up with this idea for me. Thanks so much!!!)

Joules' POV

_________________________________________

Lucius and I woke up at the same time after sleeping in that cave. Yeah, we had a knack for waking up at the same time.

"You want me to go out and look for some food or something?" Lucius asked me.

"I can go. You go out and look all the time." I protested. He looked ready to argue with me about not traveling alone, but finally he nodded.

I left the cave and went to look for food when someone grabbed me from behind. I started to struggle but stopped when another figure appeared holding a gun.

"You struggle, and we shoot him," the two figures said, gesturing towards the cave. I knew who they meant, so I stopped. The figure with the gun placed a note in the entrance of the cave, and turned to face me.

Who kidnapped me? Well, who else. Lucius' parents.

Lucius' father had grabbed me and forced me to run. I saw Lucius walk out if the cave and read the note. He clenched his jaw and his hands into fists. He looked murderous.

I looked at him and he met my eyes. I wasn't scared, but I had a feeling I knew what the note said. Presumably something about him following us and letting me go.

I tried to follow Lucius' parents, but I guess I was too slow, because they gagged me and I was unconscious within seconds.

Lucius' POV

___________________________________________

I had the feeling that something was wrong, so I left the cave and found a note right outside. The note said this:

"We have taken your dear friend in exchange for you. If you find us and agree to stay with us, we'll let her go.

-your parents"

I clenched my jaw and tightened my hands into fists. I swear, I was ready to murder them for taking Joules.

I looked up and met Joules eyes. She wasn't scared, I could tell that much. She looked like she was trying to tell me she would be ok. That's my girl.

I tried to follow them, but they seemed to know where they were going, and I quickly lost sight of them. Dang it.

"I promise you, Joules....." I whispered, "I'll find you. And when I do, I'll personally kill my parents."