Chapter 28

Joules' POV

_________________________________________

I laid next to Lucius, but he didn't relax. He seemed to be really tense. I rolled over to face him.

"Lucius? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Be quiet, Joules, and don't move." He said. I tried to follow him as he got up, but he looked at me, pleading with me to stay still. I nodded and he left the small cover in the lot to see what was going on.

I heard Lucius start yelling at someone, but stayed there on his command. I heard two people fighting, but didn't see who the second person was, hearing Lucius yelling at the second person.

I heard someone yell, and it wasn't Lucius. I crawled to the edge of the cover, straining to see who it was. It shocked me to see who it was, but it certainly wasn't unusual.

It was Zoran.

Zoran's POV

_________________________________________

I had landed in the lot quietly, silently cursing the fact that Lucius' parents had escaped jail and killed Kalub Faemon before I had a chance to capture him.

I walked towards the edge of the lot, the side that had leaves to cover the ground. I tried to be quiet, but something wasn't right about this ambush. Before I could question it, however, a lithe shape jumped out of the underbrush and knocked me down.

I jumped back up, seeing how the shape wasn't pinning me down, and saw just the person I wanted to see.

Lucius.

I sparked my hands, angry that Joules would pick him over me. Certainly I was stronger than him. Then again, after last time, I wasn't so sure.

"Why'd you come back, you idiot?" He yelled at me.

"Why else? I want Joules. Oh, and I want you dead." I yelled back.

"If you think, even for a SECOND, that I'm letting you take Joules and put her through the torture she already had to relive, YOU ARE CRAZY!!!" He yelled back, sparking his hands, and the electricity sparked blue.

I had forgotten how strong he was. He easily blasted me without even touching me, and I was kinda jealous. My electricity couldn't do that, I thought, as I fell to the ground, the breath knocked out of me.

He didn't make another move to attack me, and I turned my head slightly to see Joules crouching on the ground. She didn't look like she was ready to help me, though. She looked ready to kill me herself. I was then blasted with electricity once again, and I was knocked out.

Lucius' POV

_________________________________________

"If you think, even for a SECOND, that I'm letting you take Joules and put her through the torture she already had to relive, YOU ARE CRAZY!!!" I yelled at Zoran, before blasting him with electricity and knocking him flat on his back.

I saw Joules come out of the underbrush and look at Zoran. I expected her to look pitying, or maybe lovingly, but that was not the case. Instead, she looked ready to murder him. Zoran looked like he was pleading for help, so I summoned my strength and blasted him once more, knocking him unconscious.

I stared at Zoran for a minute before turning to Joules and asking, "How much of that did you hear?"

"Pretty much all of it," she said, "and thank you."

I looked over to find her smiling at me, and I smiled back. "So what do you think we should do with Blondie here?" I ask her.

She shrugged before saying, "Just leave him here. Those two shocks you gave him were enough to knock him unconscious for a few days at least. I think we're good." She said, smiling at me.

"Whoops?" I said, making us laugh. We jumped over the fence and ran for cover again. It seemed we would always be on the run, but I didn't care, as long as I had Joules with me. We found a cave and drifted off, with the thought of Joules in my mind.