✍ Chapter One ✍

One | Friends

Friends will keep you safe, Love could fill your heart but lonely is the soul without a mate- David Pratt

~•~

Oluwakemi Bankole strode quickly into the conference hall, her heels clicking on the marbled floor. The hall was used for the company's meetings, luncheons and parties and recently they've been having a lot of boring meetings.

She sighted her friends sitting at a corner. Adaeze was, as usual, babbling about what she did and where she went over the weekend. Nifemi on the other hand was listening obviously uninterested.

Kemi laughed softly, she knew Nifemi did not like sitting alone with Adaeze whom she nicknamed daddy's girl.

Odd, we don't usually sit here.

Nifemi waved her over her relief reflecting on her round face.

"Well hello beautiful, you are really rocking those heels," Adaeze said with obvious admiration etched on her well made up face. The only thing she admired was fashion, any other thing could take a back seat.

She had on a black pencil gown that accented her lovely figure. She was of average height and also had a glowing light skin.

"I know right," Kemi said drawing out a seat. "My mum got them for me."

"I love your mum's fashion sense, she's definitely going to pick out my wedding dress for me," Ada giggled.

"If there'll ever be a wedding," Nife said under her breath. Nife was wearing a red shirt and a flared black skirt. She wasn't very tall but her lovely features made up for her lack of height.

"What did you say?" Ada said glaring at Nife. The latter rolled her eyes.

"So why did we seat here?", Kemi was glad that she was able to distract the two from strangling each other's necks.

She crossed her long legs, tugged at her pleated short blue skirt to properly cover her legs and observed her friends from under her long scattered lashes.

"So we can gist without being seen duhh," Ada giggled.

Gist lover, Kemi thought smiling.

"And so we can make side comments, remember what happened the last time we were caught."
The trio giggled.

It hadn't been funny then.

"So when is the meeting starting? I've been here for like ten minutes, I'm hungry," Kemi whined pouting her lipgloss coated full lips. The top lip was her skin color while the bottom was a light shade of red.

"Oh stop your whining, you even came late haba," Nife chided, "and besides were waiting for the board of directors," she added pointing at the raised platform with her well manicured nails.

"Don't you mean the boring directors," Ada murmured rolling her beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

They laughed sending a few glances their way.

Kemi smiled, she loved these girls.
Although Adaeze could be such a pain in the neck sometimes and Nifemi treated her like a child, she still loved them.

Adaeze Ndubuisi lost her mum when she was five, being the only child she is, not surprisingly, her dad's treasure. Thus, earning her the nickname from Nifemi.