✍ Chapter Twenty✍

I listened to Thunderclouds by LSD on repeat while writing this chapter.

Twenty | Scarred

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple
—Dr Seuss

~•~

"So..." His voice trailed off and he turned to smile at her. Luke admired the fair beauty sitting beside him and smiled brightly. Only in his wildest dreams did he imagine taking Adaeze Ndubuisi on a date. Maybe dreams do come true.

"Stop smiling like that you creep!" She laughed and punched his shoulder playfully.

"I can't stop smiling princess."

"Why?"

"We both know why," he used his thumbs to graze her lips. He watched as Ada blushed, she had shown him another side of her on their date this evening—one that she had been afraid to show anyone for the past three months.

Ada had even told him about her ex and laughed when Luke threatened to punch the pimples off his face. She couldn't deny that her date had a good sense of humor.

"Are you sure you want me to drop you off here?" Luke asked studying the serene environment in the estate.

Ada nodded. Considering the state her friend had been for the past week she decided to pay him visit.

"Yes, I really need to visit someone, I'll take a cab home." She smiled at him. "I really had a great time today, who knew watching boring action movies could be fun."

"Hey! The Hitman's bodyguard is gold baby." Ada laughed. "And besides you can never be bored when you're with me. My second name is fun," Luke added.

"Yeah and your ego is the size of Medusa's wardrobe," Ada giggled.

"I never knew she had one," he laughed and leaned forward.

"Should I?" he asked breathing softly on her lips. Ada smiled and drew him by his collar to plant a kiss on his lips.

A steaming kiss and few minutes later, Ada knocked gently at the huge mahogany door by the sign that said D17. Adaeze did know what she expected but she didn't expect to see a man with an overgrown beard and hair sticking out like if he just had a rumble with the undertaker. He was wearing a loose fitting black trousers and he was also shirtless showing off an odd tattoo on his chest.

"You look like someone just stole your plantain chips," Ada stated dryly.

"What are you doing here?" Nnamdi asked ignoring her sarcastic comment, his voice hoarse from lack of sleep.

"Good evening to you too sir." Ada shuffled her sneakers on the sidewalk. "May I come in?"

"Sure," he said stepping back a little to usher her into his house. He couldn't help the feeling of deja Vu that he felt and he remembered Kemi the first time she came to his house.

That was the only time idiot!

Ada admired the sitting room briefly before settling down on a sofa hugging the large teddy to herself.

"Do you want anything?" Nnamdi asked scratching his head leaving his hair in a worse state.

"Put on a shirt would ya? And no I don't need anything." She said averting her eyes from his toned chest and concentrating on the painting of an old lady on the wall.

He laughed, "okay. I'll be right back."

"So you want to talk about it?" She asked immediately he sat on a sofa across from where she was. Ada watched as Nnamdi sighed and shifted in his seat. She wasn't one to beat around the bush.