✍ Chapter Twenty-four✍

Twenty-four|Birthday surprise

The prince of darkness is a gentlemanShakespeare

~•~

Standing in front of his full length mirror, Nnamdi thought about what Kemi had told him last week. Some freak sending her weird letters.

The coward!

He had immediately alerted a friend of his whose uncle was a DPO to look into the case. Trust Nigerian police to push it aside as nothing. Even though they had looked at him as if he had gone mad, Nnamdi wasn't going to treat it as nothing. He had sworn to protect Kemi no matter the cost, he had just gotten her back and wasn't excited about losing her again.

Currently, he was taking her out on a date for his birthday. March 23rd was a day that brought back memories, memories that Nnamdi wanted to forget but with Kemi, he felt this day would be better than the rest.

Straightening his tie one more time, he did a quick once over to determine whether he was under or over dressed.
He dressed in a mauve shirt over black trousers—as he didn't own a lot of coloured trousers—and a black tie to match. After a second thought, Nnamdi decided to ditch the tie as he made him look a bit too formal. After all, he planned to treat her to dinner at the Dolphin restaurant at New Haven.

His phone beeped just as he left his bedroom to his sitting room, Nnamdi chuckled as he read the message.

I'm ready, are you? 😊

P.S: My mom expects flowers and all that stuff, come ready...
P.P.S: Don't tell her I told you...
Cupcake❤ 6:00pm

The message reminded Nnamdi that he wasn't with his wallet. Going to retrieve it he wondered about how embarrassing it would have been to forget his wallet on a first date.
Returning to the sitting room, he almost choked up in surprise when he saw a chocolate skinned lady sitting on his loveseat as if she paid rent.

"Hello Nnamdi!" she greeted gaily. "My you've changed."

"Do I know you?" He asked incredulously as he observed the woman who literally just appeared out of nowhere.

Mystery lady was wearing a red dress and Nnamdi in all honesty could say that it made her skin glow. The strapless dress did little or nothing to cover her chest and the clicking sounds she made with her shoes unnerved him.

"It's not your fault, I barely recognized you too." She smiled and added, "Happy birthday Didi!"

Didi.

Where had Nnamdi heard that name from? Taking in the oval face, full lips and upturned eyes, it clicked.

'I only pitied you Didi...'

No it can't be, he thought. "Chioma!"

"Duhh," she rolled her eyes getting up from the seat and walking towards him.