✍ Chapter Ten✍

*No recap I'm sorry, I'm very lazy*

Ten already, thanks my sweets!!!🙌🙌
———————————

Ten | Some Prank

Two lives, joined together in friendship, united forever in love— Anonymous

~•~

"So this is the second time you're getting that letter?" Ada asked Kemi looking mortified.

"Yes," Kemi signed. She rubbed her temples as she was having a terrible migraine.

Ada greeted the security guard while squeezing a #1000 in his hands as she drove out of the office complex. He usually helped her keep an eye on her car as vehicles at the car park were parked at owner's risk.

Ada had found Kemi leaning on the wall outside the office complex with the letter in her hands. She had probed her for the details and Kemi finally spilled that she had gotten another threat letter but had shoved it off as a prank.

Ada honestly thought it a prank, but wanted to get her facts right.

"So..." Ada said as she swerved into the main road, "who are you suspecting?"

"Honestly I don't know," Kemi answered her, "I mean who would sit down and carefully craft out a poem to prank someone?" She leaned by on the seat and closed her eyes.

Ada laughed earning a deadly glare from Kemi who punched her arm. "Ouch! I'm sorry haba," Ada grumbled. "What of that buffoon– what's his name again– Emmanuel Eze."

Kemi thought for a moment before answering, "I thought about it before but I'm used to his awful love letters, I honestly don't expect this from him."

Ada stopped as the traffic light turned red, which she cursed under her breath. "The green would countdown from 25, while the red light from 150, do they think we love sleeping on the road?"

Kemi laughed and told her it was just protocol.
"But do you think I should suspect Emmanuel?" she asked.

"I think so," Ada answered still glaring at the traffic light that seemed to be enjoying her discomfort. "Maybe he saw you sitting with Nnamdi in the cafeteria and he got jealous."

She heaved a sign of relief as the light turned green, "I told you see green light is just 15, even the traffic light is as wicked as the government!" she complained.

"Adaeze!" Kemi exclaimed laughing.

Kemi leaned back on the head rest and closed her eyes briefly as she remembered Nnamdi.
"The first letter came after I went to Nnamdi's house and Emmanuel was there when I left the office, he even asked me out," she stated and tightened her lips into a grim line.

"Eww! What did you say?"

Kemi told her how she had reacted and chuckled when Ada nodded her approval. Ada didn't like Emmanuel, she had been his first conquest but he had backed down after receiving a brain resetting punch from her.

They chatted about other things, Kemi knew her friend was trying to get her mind off the creepy letter. Adaeze told her that she was planning a party for her father's 50th birthday and Kemi nodded in approval as she thought about how people got old quickly. She glanced at her 25 year old friend and chuckled as she imagined how Ada would look when she gets to fifty— with the lastest foundation on her fair face.

Ada turned off the ignition as she got to Kemi's gate. "So hunny bunny, you'd be wise to forget about it," she patted Kemi on her soft cheeks. "It's definitely him."