✍ Epilogue ✍

Thank you all for coming this far with me. This is dedicated to "All of my lovely readers"

Epilogue | New beginnings

True love stories never have endings— Richard Bach

~•~

7 months later

Kemi couldn't wipe the smile off her face as she watched Obinna play with Kikelomo and Tobiloba by the seaside. She smiled even more when she noticed her friend had tears in her eyes as she watched them too.

"Getting emotional, are we?" Kemi asked Nifemi and laughed when the later had a startled look on her face.

Nifemi chuckled softly while wiping the tears from her eyes with her fingers. "I'm just... You know," she paused and sighed. "I can't believe this is happening."

Kemi smiled and watched as Nifemi ease back into her own whole as she looked at her family.

Obinna and Nifemi had gotten married last month quietly in a small church back at Enugu with only a few people in attendance. After their three week honeymoon, Obinna had invited Ada, Kemi, Luke, Nnamdi and of course, the kids to his beach house in Milan, Spain.

Side note, Nifemi wasn't still on good terms with her parents.

The two storey house was built on a pristine beach and was surrounded by high jagged rocks that secluded it from the other houses along the beach giving it's inhabitants privacy.

When she had gotten the invitation, Kemi had been overjoyed as she had been thinking of going on a vacation, after all the stress of work and babysitting Nife's kids had gotten to her. And also, Nnamdi's definitely needed a break from work—Kelechi had gifted him a building to start his computer business and so far all was going well.

Speaking of Nnamdi, Kemi wondered were he was as he had left with Ada and Luke some hours ago and was yet to return.

"Um... Nifemi have you seen Nnamdi?"

When Nifemi turned towards her, Kemi would have sworn that she something like guilt in her friend's eyes. "Ermm.. I haven't seen him. He told you he had something to do, didn't he?"

Kemi raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "Yeah... but what's he doing that it's taking a million lightyears to finish."

"I dunno," Nife shrugged lightly and looked down at her phone when it beeped. "You could check on him."

Kemi looked at her briefly before she stood up. "I'll be back."

"Take your time," Nifemi said smiling brightly.

"Okay..." Kemi adjusted the shirt she wore over her black shiny swimsuit before she trudged towards the beach house.

The sun was already going down giving off magically streaks of orange lights across the sky. The sand felt soft and cool under her feet and that was a feeling that she could get used to. Kemi loved the serene environment and not to talk of the local food but sadly next week they were all packing their bags and boarding the next flight to Nigeria.

"Nnamdi!" she called when she entered their cosy bedroom in the large house.

She picked up her phone she had left on the table by the bed but stopped when something odd caught her eye. A feeling of deja Vu washed over her as she picked up the pink paper from underneath the table lamp.

She opened the folded paper in trepidation as she prepared for the worst...

Follow the trail of roses
Let's play a game