✍ Chapter twenty-five✍

Twenty-five | Wrong Choice

Lust is a flame that consumes the being who fans it— Yours Truly

~•~

Nnamdi winced as his eyes fluttered open, the bright light from the room he was in was glaring making him momentarily blind. He tried raise his hands to his head to stop the headache that threatened to spilt his head apart and groaned when it wouldn't budge as it was apparently strapped to a chair.

"Oh you're awake handsome," an overly excited voice called out, to Nnamdi the voice sounded like it came from the other side of the world.

"Where am I?"

"Your room silly, where else?" she answered stepping out from a room, Nnamdi later recognized as his walk in closet after his headache subsided—a little.

Rita walked towards him, her bright smile reminding him of Harley Quinn from the movie he had watched with Kelechi when he was still brooding. It wasn't the fact she was wearing his big hockey t-shirt that bothered him but the fact that she had him tied down to his own chair in his own house did.

"Why?" Nnamdi asked, his voice low and demanding.

"Oh this?" Rita said touching the t-shirt she was wearing still smiling. "I picked up from your closet it's so smooth and soft—"

"I'm not talking about the shirt God damnit!" he yelled making her flinch a little. "I'm referring to the fact you have me strapped—"

"Oh that," she laughed nervously rubbing her neck slowly. "I told you before didn't I? You have what I want? Ring any bell?"

"And do you think Kemi feels the same way?" Nnamdi spat suddenly feeling the urge to throw up. Yesterday if anyone had told him that he would be in this situation with a psychotic woman, he would have laughed in their face and called them a fudge ball.

But look where you are now.

Rita suddenly flared up and slapped him in the face. "And how do you know she doesn't feel the same way you..."

"You're crazy!" Nnamdi yelled as his cheeks throbbed.

"Crazy in love, yes..." she paused and slapped him again. "Crazy enough to kill you, strike again." Rita stopped and leaned away from him. "Whew! That was exhausting." She rubbed her sweaty hands on the t-shirt.

Nnamdi gritted his teeth but kept mute as he watched Rita scramble up his bed—spotlessly clean sheets and all—to turn on the AC. He glared at the tough leather rope thingy holding his hands as if his glare would melt them.

Only when the blast of cold air hit his bare chest did he realize that he was shirtless.

"Psychotic swine," he muttered inaudibly.

He took a deep breath and said, "Rita what ever this is, it's not funny."

"I'm not trying to be funny," she retorted. "Speaking of funny, happy birthday!!!"

"I swear to God, I'll break ever bone in your body when I get out of—"

"If you get out," she corrected in a monotone. "Here," Rita flashed his phone in front of him. "What's the password?"

"What for?"

"I want to send Kemi a message about a slight change of plans," Rita replied smirking when she saw his reaction. "You totally forgot didn't you? You poor fool."

Nnamdi ignored her glancing at the clock by his bedside, he frowned.

8:03pm!

He wondered what Kemi thought about him. "Did she... Did she call?"