✍ Chapter Seven✍

Seven | Rants

Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear— Taylor Swift

~•~

Kemi woke up with a slight headache, she didn't feel like getting out of bed. When she remembered that she had a lot of work to do at the office, she groaned and pushed her weary self out of her comfy bed and pulled back the red flowery quilts.

She took up her a daily devotional book and said her morning prayers. Then she ran into the bathroom, brushed her teeth and had a quick bath.
Kemi couldn't even remember how she got into her night wear last night. She had been so tired and sad that everything that happened was a blur.

She quickly came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her chest. She scanned the room for her phone. Her clothes were spread on a chair by the corner of the room and her phone was on her reading table.

Kemi's room was very beautiful. The bed was wide and placed in the middle of the room with red flowery bedsheets and a quilt adorning it. There were numerous pillows and her favorite blue teddy Didi on the bed. Her bags were placed on nails by the wall of her room. Close to her huge wardrobe was a high shoe rack and a dressing table that her numerous makeup up products scattered on top of it. The floor was covered in a plush red carpet and the walls were painted cream.

Kemi picked up the phone and winced when she noticed that she had five missed calls and three messages. One from her boss, two from Nifemi and the other two from Adaeze. The messages were from Evelyn, Ada and Nife.

Where are you?
It's lunch time.
-Ada
Yesterday 1:30pm

I'm coming early to
pick you up oh!
Wake up early sleepy head!
-Ada
6:00am

What happened?
I smell gist
You and Ada should
pass by Kike's school
while going to work 2morrow
my car's with the mechanic
-Nife
6:02am

I hope you're better now,
because there's work to do
I won't tolerate lateness
-Boss lady
6:05am

Kemi dropped her phone by the bed and walked to her wardrobe.
She scanned through the clothes and settled for a blue chiffon blouse and a black pleated skirt. She wore her black stilettoes and sat in front of the dressing mirror to wear her makeup and touch her braids. Then she picked up her blue bag and left the room.

"Ekaro ma!"(good morning ma) Kemi greeted while kissing her mom on the cheeks. She had come to get breakfast when she met her mom slicing onions in the Kitchen.

"Omo mi (my child) I hope you slept well?" her mom replied while squeezing her cheeks gently.

"Mum stop! I'm not a little girl now," Kemi said as she rubbed her cheeks.

"Oh please you that didn't want to stop sucking breast abi!" her mom replied playfully.

Mrs Bisola Bankole was a petite woman with beautiful features. She had a nice smile and soft wrinkles by the side if her beautiful coco brown eyes and full lips. She had shapely hips and nice straight legs. Kemi was definitely her mother's daughter.

Kemi laughed as she walked around the black marble top island to get the beverage from the cupboard.

"Ahahn what's that one for, who do you think I'm making breakfast for?" Bisola chided her daughter.