✍ Chapter Thirteen✍

Thirteen | Lady at the mall

Imperfections are beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than to be absolutely boring— Marilyn Monroe

~•~

Kemi and Ada stepped out of Ada's red Camry when they arrived at the mall. Ada had offered to sponsor their shopping spree for her father's birthday.
Kemi was also there as a chaperone to curb Ada's excessive spending habits. Sometimes Kemi wondered why Ada worked at Crystal Ltd when she could just have her own fashion line or something.

It was Friday the 7th day of December and Kemi could see mothers running around the mall for an early Christmas shopping before things became very expensive.

The company's closing time was by 1:30pm on TGIF days for some departments except for Nifemi and some others who still closed at the regular time. Ada had used that opportunity to suggest that they go shopping for her father's birthday on that would hold on Sunday.

"I dunno what to get for him," Ada stated as they walked through the automatic doors. "I mean he literally has everything."

"That's not possible," Kemi scoffed and squeaked her white sneakers on the tiled floor. Ada frowned at her childish act.

"Kiki when I say everything I mean everything." She put a hand on Kemi's shoulder and dragged her towards a Puma store. They waved at the door man and entered the store.

"Oh really does he have a treadmill?"

Ada shrugged while checking out some sneakers. "He has although he rarely gyms."

"Ok, a watch?"

Ada eyed her incredulously, "yes dozens."

"Jesus?"

"Oh Lord send down your son so I can give him to daddy for his birthday." Ada said looking up to heaven dramatically.

"Oh stop being a drama queen. That doesn't even make sense!" Kemi successfully dragged Ada out of the store before she would pick up something she probably didn't need.

"So we're shopping for dresses at your mom's right?" Ada asked while checking herself out in the reflective door of a phone store oblivious to the fact that the men inside the store were checking her out. She removed an invisible speck from her jean trousers before turning to face Kemi.

Kemi wagged her finger at her friend, "I told you to tell me where we were going to didn't I? Mummy's boutique is closed for now, they're preparing for the Christmas rush, black Friday and all that stuff."

"Seriously? It's early nah."

Kemi hissed. "Christmas rush is next week Zi."

"Your mother's boutique 'Bimi's palace', did she place both your names together?" Ada asked Kemi.

"I wish." Kemi clicked her tongue. "She kinda shipped she and my dad's names together." Ada still looked lost. Kemi laughed. "You know, Bisola and Femi." Ada laughed and said that she thought it romantic.

She then pouted complaining that she loved Kemi's mother's boutique and the free muffins. She suggested that they went to 'Max', Kemi complained a little but finally gave in.

"Try this one Kiki," Ada suggested waving a blue sequin gown in front of Kemi. An hour later the girls were still trying on clothes, taking pictures and squealing like teenage girls.

"See how short this stuff is, uh uh not for me," Kemi pouted and looked at the pile of clothes on the bench by the dressing room. She still had not found any dress suitable for the party and Ada had gotten two.