✍Chapter Twelve✍

Twelve | Bipolar?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage— Lao Tzu

~•~

Benjamin leaned on his car as he waited for his cousin's arrival, he wasn't a fan of waiting but he would be patient— just this once. His cousin was probably the reason they invented the word 'African Timers'. The brat was late for everything, she had even arrived a month later than her supposed birth date.

The piercing glare from the headlamps from a car jerked him out of his soliloquy, the brat had arrived.
He watched as the car came to an abrupt stop, the headlamps were turned off and two figures emerged from the opposite doors of the car— from one side, a tall man with a muscular build, he made himself comfortable by leaning on the car while the contraption groaned under his weight. Ben couldn't see his face but he definitely did not know him and didn't want to either.

She came out from the driver's side and sashayed towards him almost too quickly. As she drew closer to his car Benjamin could see her lovely figure, the skinny jeans hugging her hips and the tight tank top moulding her perfectly shaped breasts. If she wasn't his cousin he would have dated her twice, he mused.

"You're late," he stated when she was standing in front of him. She ignored him, her heart shaped face showed her annoynance as she peered into the car.

"Where is she?" she asked coldy trying to mask the nervousness in her voice but Benjamin knew her too well.
"Did you drug her or put her in the boot or hurt her? I warned you Benny whatever you do don't hurt—"

"She left," he cut short her rambling as it was getting on his nerves. Benjamin knew she was going to blow in about five seconds.
One, two—

"What!" Her eyes widened with disbelief as she tried to process the information.
A new record, Benjamin mused.

"That's impossible! You sent me a text, you called me and then this! You are so unbelievable Benny."

Benjamin cringed, he hated that nickname. He had once loved it but one Christmas when he found out it was the name of a condiment his mother had put in her delicious Jollof rice he had begun to hate the sound of it but his cousin failed to acknowledge that he wasn't too excited on being called the name of a chicken stock.

"I sent you a text an hour ago—"

"Traffic Benny, it's the infamous rush hour for crying out loud!"

"Well that's good for you because she left with your boyfriend. Apparently he has been stalking our dear Kemi. The two are really close don't you think?" He asked with the aim of getting on her nerves.

She clicked her tongue trying to grab what he said. Benjamin shook his head as he thought of how unbelievable daft his cousin was.

"Who is my boy—," Her voice trailed as reality hit her. "Nnamdi?"

"Ding ding ding we have a winner," he announced his voice devoid of enthusiasm. It had been a really hectic day at work and now his cousin wanted him to play babysitter. It was just sheer luck that he had found Kemi at the bus stop, he had sent the brat a text and now she was blaming him for her tardiness.

"Did he recognize you?" she asked curiously.

He shrugged, "I don't think so."

"You should not have let her go," she announced flatly.

Ben smirked. "And why's that, Nnamdi was too keen on having her and who am I to object huh? I wonder where they are now you know, some motel or even better his bed—"
She cut him short by smacking her hand across his cheek twice swiping the obnoxious smirk off his face.