Chapter 13

Percy's POV

We moved out the next day. I spent most of my time doing chores for the hunters, but it was actually enjoyable now, partly because I had nothing to do and it made me feel like I'm doing something for my girlfriend.

A few days later, we reached Canada. Don't ask me how I know. I just do. We walked into a town with alot of people staring at us. "What are they staring at?" Artemis asked. I chuckled. "Because I look like a teenage parent with like, a dozen kids." Thalia laughed next to me. Artemis sighed and snapped her fingers, turning herself into an 18-year old form. Thalia started to laugh uncontrollably. "What's so funny now?" Artemis growled. "You two look like a couple now!" The hunters laughed. Artemis and I blushed. Then I spotted a face I've seen twice before, walking out of a fast-food restaurant. Artemis frowned next to me. "That's a monster, that's for sure." Artemis murmured. "She's an empousai." I replied as I walked towards her. Thalia frowned. "Why would Lamia be here then?" Artemis looked at her questioningly. "Well, if you were Lamia, then you wouldn't want to have competition, right?" Thalia asked. Artemis nodded. "Then we shall visit another city." She was about to leave when I stopped her. The hunters all raised their eyebrows. "We're just going to leave Kelli like that? What if she eats someone?" Artemis sighed. "Fine. But be quick. I don't want to lose the trail." I nodded and uncapped Riptide, earning myself a few glances from some passing pedestrians. Kelli noticed me when I was a few yards away. She smiled sweetly at me, making me want to puke. "Hello." She said in a sickly sweet tone. I decided to play along with her. "Hey Kelli." I replied. She seemed shocked before she regained her composure. "So, you want to go to somewhere more private?" She asked, lacing charmspeak with her words. "Sure." I glanced at Artemis and she was glaring at me. I gestured for her to wait. She nodded stiffly before whispering to the other hunters. I followed Kelli to an alley. There was another girl there. "Hi, L!" Kelli exclaimed. The girl looked at us and frowned. "Who is he?" Kelli walked over to her and whispered in her ear. The girl nodded and Kelli returned to my side. I stuck my hand in my pocket. Who is that girl? I wondered. Kelli nudged me towards the girl, and I got a closer look at the mysterious girl. She had long, black hair, and her face was sharp. She was quite beautiful, but her eyes had an evil glint in it. "So." She purred. My grip on Riptide tightened. Her charmspeak was strong. Kelli was watching us with interest. What am I doing? I mentally slapped myself. The mysterious girl smiled seductively and dragged her finger across my chest. Focus. FOCUS. I waited until she removed her finger from my chest before I whipped Riptide out and almost cleaved the girl in half. She snarled and glared at Kelli before disappearing with a pop. Kelli bared her fangs and lunged. I sidestepped and tried to get her with an upward slash, but she managed to turn in midair and tackled me to the ground. "You know, I saw your girlfriend in that fast-food restaurant. What happened between you two?" She asked innocently. "Get off me!" I roared as I pushed her off me and stabbed her. "Oh well. See you next time." She said cheerfully as she disintegrated.

I wiped the sweat off my face. Then I headed back towards the place where I left Artemis and the hunt. When they were no where to be seen, I walked into the woods and searched around for any silver tents. I somehow didn't find any sign of the hunt. "Perseus." I turned around and saw Artemis. "Hey." I replied. "What happened?" She pointed to my torn t-shirt. "Oh, got into a little fight with Kelli and another girl." Artemis raised her eyebrows. "There was another girl there. Though she didn't seem like an empousa." Artemis pondered this for a moment. "Maybe it's Lamia." I recalled Kelli calling the girl 'L'. "She probably is. I heard Kelli call her L." Artemis nodded. "Next time, don't run off like that again." She said sternly. I nodded and morphed into Thomas. "Yes Auntie." I said while smirking. Her head snapped towards my direction and slapped me. "What?" I turned back into my normal self. "Don't call me Auntie." She growled. I nodded as I have no intention off being killed. She kissed me on the cheek and brought me to the hunter's camp, which was much more deeper in the forest than I'd originally thought.

Thalia's POV

Finally. Seaweed Brain finally came back. I thought he had disappeared again, since he's been doing that so often. Artemis called us over and announced "Perseus has found Lamia." Some of the girls nodded towards him. Artemis looked at him, waiting for him to tell us what happened. "What?" He asked. Artemis shook her head and whispered in his ear. He nodded and stepped forward. "Well, you all know how I saw Kelli. She brought me to an alley where there was another girl. I played along for a little more before I attacked the girl. She escaped and I fought with Kelli." He said bluntly. "How can Lamia disappear?" I asked. "She is very powerful and very dangerous. Even I don't know the extent of her powers. Luckily, we have prime bait here." She said with a sly smile. Some of us snickered. "What do you mean by prime bait?" Percy asked. Artemis groaned and I couldn't help myself but chuckled. "No really. Doesn't she eat people?" Percy asked while rubbing his neck. Artemis facepalmed and explained. "What does Lamia eat?" Percy shrugged. "She eats people. Usually men." Percy slowly nodded. "Wait.... you're gonna treat me as bait?" Percy said incredulously, finally catching on. "Yes." Artemis replied. "Have a good night's sleep. Tomorrow we shall continue our hunt." We nodded and headed back towards our tents.

Artemis' POV

I am seriously rethinking my choice. When the hunters returned to their tents, I walked over to my stupid boyfriend and slapped him. "What was that for?" He whined. "Are you dumb or what?" I asked. "That's one of the reason's you like me!" He said teasingly. I rolled my eyes. "I like you because you are kind and you treat everyone equally. I do not like you because you're dumb!" I stomped my foot. "Aw, did Arty stomp her foot?" She stared at me. "Uh, Arty?" I waved my hand in front of her face. "Do not move, Percy." She whispered. I slowly turned around to see a spear pointed right at me.

A/N I know, it's kind of short, and it's kind of crappy, but I have so many ideas in my head right now. Anyways, please tell me which fanfic you would want me to write next:Perlia, Perzoe, Perpiper or PercyxKhione.