Chapter 16

A/N Sorry I haven't updating in sooo long. But I have some schoolwork I have to catch up to. Here's the new chappie:

Percy's POV

After that meeting on Olympus, we went back to the hunter's camp. "Great. Now we have to find an unknown weapon." I said sarcastically. Artemis looked at me. "Hey. It's going to be fun. Om the bright side, you can spend more time with me!" Percy rolled his eyes. "Was that supposed to make me feel better?" I said teasingly. Artemis glared at me and slapped me. "Ow! What the Hades?" Artemis crossed her hands. "If you don't want to spend more time with me, then fine." I started to laugh. "You thought I meant it? I was joking. Geez...." Artemis hugged me tightly. "Let's go." She whispered, and they appeared in the middle of the hunter's camp.

"So, what happened?" Thalia asked. "Well, there's a new prophecy." I replied. "Tartarus is awakening, and if we don't stop him in time, he will awaken Gaea, who will in turn awaken the giants again." Artemis explained. "In order to stop Tartarus, we must find a certain weapon." Thalia nodded. "I'll tell the other hunters." And with that she ran off.

"So we move out today? What about Lamia?" I asked Artemis. "We'll take a break first. The hunt for Lamia will be postponed. I think the prophecy is more important than Lamia, am I correct?" Artemis said sternly. "Aw, the hunters aren't here. You don't need to pretend that you hate me." Artemis glared at him and smiled. "I don't need to pretend. I do hate you." I rolled my eyes but grinned. "Come. I'm hungry, and so are the hunters."

After I sat down, I knew something was wrong. Moat of the hunters were smirking. Thalia suddenly burst into laughter. "What's so funny?" I demanded. "W-we put deer p-poop on your chair!" She gasped out. "What?" I quickly stood up. The hunters all rolled on the ground, laughing. Artemis looked amused. What a great girlfriend I have. I thought sarcastically. I went snapped my fingers and changed my pants. Why don't I use my powers more often? Well, I don't to have everything in a second. Plus, it feels natural. "How did you do that, Seaweed Brain?" Thalia asked once she stopped laughing. "I didn't train with Chaos for nothing." I replied. "Oh shit." She paled. "Chaos won't kill us, right?" Artemis and the other hunters paled too. Time for revenge. I smiled. "Well I don't know. Depends." I said calmly. After a few seconds, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I burst out laughing at their pale expressions. "No, Chaos won't." I said between breaths. Artemis glared at me and slapped me. "Hey!"

The day went by normally. I had to do the chores, but I didn't mind. After dinner, Artemis stopped me before I could return to her tent. "What?" I asked. "I want to have a spar." I hesitantly nodded. "Where?" Artemis made two daggers appear in her hands. "Right here." She dropped into a stance. I smiled and summoned twin fire daggers. Then she lunged.

We fought ferociously, and I don't mean to bloat, but I outmatched Artemis. After a while, I stepped back. Bad choice. She summoned her bow and started shooting arrows at me. I used the powers Chaos given me and use the wind to deflect the arrows. "You've become skilled, Perseus." She complimented. "Oh? The great Artemis complimenting a man?" She growled. "Shut up, Percy." She attacked with renewed vigor. I threw my two daggers at her, distracting her, before summoning a bow made out of flames. Then I sent a dozen arrows at her, using the winds to make sure they went in the right direction. My archery was better than before, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're god level. She shot my arrows out of the air, one by one. Damn, she's good. I reached into my pocket and took Riptide out. Then I took the offensive.

I swirled around and delivered a heavy blow that Artemis barely blocked. Taking advantage, I delivered slashes and stabs, causing her to take the defensive. After a few more blows, I got into her defense and placed my sword at her neck. "Yield?" She nodded. "Heck yeah, I just beat Artemis!" I yelled out loud. "Shut up, you idiot." She slapped me. "Well, what happened?" Thalia asked with a smirk. "Nothing." Artemis replied quickly. "Go to sleep. We move out tomorrow." Thalia nodded and looked at us. "I think I know what's going on." She said before returning to her tent. The hunters followed suit and we returned to Artemis' tent. "That was fun." Artemis commented as she jumped onto her bed. "Damn, my back is so sore." I complained. Hey. The ground ain't exactly confortable. "Ya know, you have a king-sized bed, and you have me sleep on the ground?" I asked while taking off my shirt. "Wh-what're you doing?" She asked, obviously flustered. "What? Getting ready for sleep." I mumbled, not getting why she's flustered. I glanced at her and she was blushing. Gods she's cute when she's flustered. That blush looks amazing.

She suddenly came over and pecked me on the lips. "What was that for?" I said with a smile. "I don't know. Can you not question me every time I kiss you?" She said with an annoyed tone. "Fine. Good night." She climbed onto the bed and laid down. "Good night, Percy."

A/N Short filler. Sorry for the lack of updates. Check my other story out. It's called Weird Relationships. Please R&R!