Strong will.

"This is our new home ?" the little girl asked after waking from the unknown softness below her. Her mother who sat beside her, nodded softly as she watched her daughter looking around weirdly. 

"This place looks.. weird.." she said as she cringes at everything. 

"You will get used to it soon." Yui grinned before pulling her daughter up from the futon and threw her into the bathroom.

"Okaa-san! What is this ?!" her little voice heard behind the door which is the bathroom. Yui chuckles as she folded the futon neatly, "It's a bathroom dear. Take a shower."

"This bathroom also looks weird." the distance voice of her daughter made her laugh.

Her daughter had never lived in an actual house before, so everything seems so strange to her. She hoped that her daughter got used to her new environment soon. She knew the new world out there will be more frisky soon.

Yui helped Kouri taking a shower since she was really clueless of what to do. She even jumped when water came out of nowhere. She used to only take a shower by the river. 

Kouri now wore a dress went down to her knees. Her vibrant red hair went loose down her back while eating the breakfast her mother set on the table. She looked at everything weirdly. She never had a breakfast on a table before. She never had a plate to put the breakfast either.

"Kaa-san.." she cringed while looking at her mother. Her mother just laughed.

"You'll get used to it." 

---

Kouri hung close to her mother as she walked with her somewhere she would never know. She gripped onto her mother usual outfit while eyeing strangers that walked past her, including little kids that as young as her. She felt foreign, so she was little scared at her new surroundings. 

"Okaa-san.. I want to go home.." the little ones said while eyeing her mother, unbeknownst that they already leave her 'home' for good. Her mother sighed a little before stopping, turning her body and crouched down to her daughter's height.

"Darling.. we're not going to go there anymore. I'll explain later after we settle down for today, okay dear ?" she said sweetly while looking into the innocent eyes of her daughter. There was a sad feeling lingers in her eyes, but she just nodded at what her mother just said.

"Come on, I'll get you into ninja academy." she said softly before reaching for her little hand. Kouri looked up to her mother with a curious look.

"Academy ? You mean the place where kids around my age go ?" she asked. Her mother just smiled at her and pulled her gently. She now felt more anxious about the outside world. To think of being in the middle of kids around her age alone makes her want to cry. She almost sobs at the thought of that but she tried to be strong, advice she always got from her fatherly figure back in the cave.