New year, new traits.

A few years passed and Kouri already became a genin along with her best friend, Sakura, and her other two close friends, Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura had become different those past few years. She and Ino have become 'enemies' now and Sakura tends to become noisy and not as sweet as a few years ago. Kouri on the other hand, she hadn't changed much aside from her hair which grew longer and became more beautiful and feminine. 

She sat behind her close friends while talking to a dark haired girl, Hinata. She's always so shy to talk or act around others, but that didn't prevent Kouri to talk to her and initiate a conversation, which made Hinata more comfortable sitting beside her. 

In the heat of the conversation, Kouri would take a glance towards the raven haired boy that sat at the end of the table in front of her. He didn't say anything but keep on glaring up front. His face was so scary but the fangirls found it cool likewise, especially Ino and Sakura. 

His fringe has grown longer and he looked more 'manly' at some sort. His appearance changed which made Kouri stare longer than she ever did. They had grown distant since Sasuke kept on doing his own things such as training and or hanging out by himself in particular, thinking of a way to kill his older brother.

Kouri wondered if they still close like they used to back then. Sasuke has become so cold towards people around him. Although the coldness, him being narcissistic still didn't go from him. He took himself being a 'genius' on whole another level, thinking he could ace anything and do everything himself. Kouri had never stopped worrying about him since that day and she noticed how Sasuke slowly drew away from everyone in Konoha. 

A few moments later, a teacher came into the classroom and students went to sit at their place, but still being their noisy self. Kouri would laugh occasionally at their dorkiness, especially Naruto who kept on being angry at his 'rival' and try to always talk to Sakura. Yes, he has a crush on the pink haired girl and it's obvious even though Naruto told Kouri to keep it a secret. 

The teacher explained that they would be in a three-man team. The whole class was so excited who they would be on a team with, especially Naruto who wants to be on a team with Sakura whilst Sakura wanted to be on a team with Sasuke. Kouri just laughed at them. 

After everything has set, only Kouri left alone which made her felt left out and a little lonely. Sakura looked at her worriedly until the teacher spoke again. 

"Since Kouri joined the academy a little late, we couldn't form a three-man team for her. So, we made a little exception for a team which is Team 7, we're going to put Kouri in your team." upon hearing that, Sakura and Naruto cheered and turned to look at Kouri with excitement, which Kouri just clapped happily at what she heard. Sasuke just watched her from the corner of his eyes and seeing her clapping her hand softly with her eye-smile made him a little blush.

The teacher then dismissed the class to meet their assigned teacher for the team. For team 7, they just have to wait in the class for their teacher. 

(A/n : I don't remember how it goes like dialogues and anything, but I remember the crucial thing so the dialogues might not be the same as the anime, sorry :) )

"Where's the teacher ? We've been waiting for so long already." Sakura complained. She then noticed what Naruto was doing, quickly to shake her head and her hands went to her hips. Naruto just puts a blackboard duster up at the door while snickering.

"Naruto! What are you doing ? Do you think our teacher would fall for that ?" Sakura said, actually enjoyed what Naruto was doing but trying to act like she doesn't because she doesn't want Sasuke to dislike her because of that.