Loss.

She reached the outskirt of the forest, looking at the huge forest that she used to stay when she was little. She knew every parts of the forest like her home, it was her first home after all.

Would she meet Obito again ? Would she meet Orochimaru or if possible, old man Madara ? She hoped to stay away from Obito and get closer to Orochimaru. She missed both of them but Obito had broke her trust by stabbing her mother.

With a deep breath, she entered the forest and her skins felt again, the familiar cool breeze of the forest grazing across it. She smiled unknowingly before jumping, following the trails of chakra Itachi left.

She wondered why Itachi careless enough to not hide his chakra. Was this a bite for her to follow him ? Itachi wasn't an easy person. He had become an Anbu at young age, that's one of the reason to not underestimate him.

She kept her spear close, fear of being ambushed from any direction. She kept sharp of her surrounding while following Itachi's chakra. She looked around while jumping from tree to tree, reminiscing those days she ever lived in this forest.

Suddenly, she felt something coming towards her. Instinctively, she flipped her spear out and block the attack that was none other than Uchiha Itachi. Her eyes widened, realizing she had been fooled by the chakra she had felt from far away. Something in him anguished the real chakra but she didn't know what was it.

They landed on the ground, Kouri had a protective stance while eyeing Itachi who stood as if there weren't any bad blood in between them.

"I don't want to fight." Itachi said behind his cloak. She gave him an unsure look but she retreated her spear anyway, still giving him a suspicious look.

"Listen, Kouri." In a distance, Itachi decided to tell her the truth.

"I was working with the guy in the mask, Madara." he said. Her eyes widened at the mention of the name.

Madara ? He's like too old to even move now. How can it even possible ?

"He claimed himself as Madara, and well.. his characteristics were also the same. The looked of his eyes, the bloodlust, the summoning." Itachi explained, and the further he talked, she felt more relaxed.

"I have one question, Kouri." he said, and Kouri gave a nod for him to continue.

"What is your relationship with him ?" he asked, and Kouri couldn't answer the question.

So, Obito is the one behind the mask, claiming himself as Madara. He's like a father figure to her, but he's not her father. Her father has been killed but no one knew who did it. She inherited the sharingan from her father, and being a Nohara from her mother.

"You're an Uchiha, and so do him.. are the both of you perhaps.. father and daughter ?" Itachi asked again.

"Absolutely not, Itachi." she denied, "He just came that night and I don't know who he is." she lied.

"Your mother." Itachi mentioned her mother, which made her gave him a full attention.

"She's in danger. I know what he's planning, and it included capturing your mother and bring her to their side." he explained.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier ?!" Kouri got furious at the news. Obito had planned this since long ago. The argument in the cave was about this, but she was still a child to know, but now it make sense.

Her mother is the best weapon to put people into genjutsu. Their plan was to extract the beasts from the jinchuuriki to collect their power for who knows, and it's too powerful for the world. The only way to stop is to reunited people but if her mother captured, who knows what can happen.