Sacrifices.

Naruto woke up after a long sleep. It was already almost noon when he awakes. He even doze off a few minutes while trying to remember what he supposed to do today. He then abruptly stood up from the futon, his eyes widened and he was flustered.

"They left me here ?!" he shouted.

---

Tazuna and the team 7, without Naruto, had reached the bridge that supposed to start construct today. Cautiously, they walked with fear of getting ambush by the enemy they not long ago, Zabuza and his sidekick, Haku. Kakashi couldn't believe he had been fooled by the medical ninja who he thought had already got disposed of Zabuza. He should've known his intention when the medical ninja decided to take away the 'corpse' 

"You're finally here, Hatake Kakashi." the deep, ragged voice came in the middle of the midst that form on the bridge, probably one of Zabuza scheme. Sakura and Sasuke went high alert around their surrounding, standing around Tazuna who also had eagle eye around the bridge. 

"You never get tired, huh Zabuza." Kakashi said, raising his kunai higher and keeping his eyes sharp fearing of an ambush. Kouri who stood behind them, took a grip on her spear that placed securely behind her for precautions. She could feel their chakra but she couldn't pin-pointed where because of the midst that had disrupt her sense. 

Not long after, a strike had came towards Kakashi but he reflects it, roughly could get away with it. He was pushed back a few meter but remained stood. The figure of Zabuza slowly revealed in the middle of the midst he created, eyeing Kakashi scarily. 

Sasuke clicked his tongue, was about to go to Kakashi's aid but he was stopped by another enemy, Haku that had come in front of him. He stopped abruptly and eyed the guy around his age. 

"You.." Sasuke growled, looking at the guy who conceal his appearance behind a mask. 

"Your opponent is me." he said with unwavering tone. Sasuke clenched his teeth, giving a glance towards two girls that kept by Tazuna's side. He ought to take care of the guy himself so he won't make any harms towards the girls and the old man.

Suddenly, a few sharps of needles came towards him, catching him off-guard. He thought he would receive the impact but someone came in front of him, deflecting the needles towards him back. The guy jumped, evading the needles. He then eyed the girl that holding her spear in front of her.

"Kouri ?" Sasuke exclaimed, watching Kouri stood before him firmly with her spear being held to protect them from any upcoming attack. She eyed the guy in front of her, trying to read any move from him which she still unfamiliar with. Seeing him being so calm and less attack, she knew he had something under his sleeves.

"Let's take him together. Who knows what he capable of." Kouri declares firmly, finally figures out her surrounding and estimated their enemy's move. Sasuke was taken aback by how confident she was, but he nodded afterwards and jumped to stand by her side.

"Sakura, take care of Tazuna." She told Sakura, and Sakura nodded firmly and stood protectively around Tazuna. Kouri raised a sign in front of her, her eyes closed to set a time in her head upon her enemy. Haku stood curiously watching the female in front of him, but patiently to see what she had. Sasuke also watched her confusingly while also anticipated what she capable of. 

Suddenly, her eyes shot opened and Haku mindlessly stared into her eyes. Without another second to waste, Kouri had broke her stance and sprinted towards Haku with her spear being held behind her. Haku who was startled by her sudden initiation, moved back to get into a position, but he felt his body strained which he didn't expect it. A second later, he found himself been thrown back by a kick he received from Kouri. As he quickly crouched up, he saw Kouri was already approached him with her spear, so he quickly jumped as she swung her spear, resulting for it to meet the ground with a great impact.