Snogoltog eve

Chapter 1

4 weeks after funeral

In the village 

Hiccup & Astrid are walking around helping finish to get all the snogoltog decorations up around the village seeing as it is snogoltog tomorrow. "Son can you & Astrid help with getting all the holiday shields up pleas?!" Stoick asks. "Of course dad! We'll Astrid you know what to do"

Astrid smiles then calls out. "Stormfly!" Then Stormfly comes up behind them & they throw some shields up to the balding walls. "Stormfly spin short!" Astrid says & Stormfly throws her spins at the shields & a spin lands in the center of etch one what pins them to the walls then he looks & smiles at Astrid. 

"Astrid" "Yes Hiccup" "I might be home late tonight" "Why?" "Well I've got some things at the forge I haven't been paying much attention to lately & I need to get them done or Gobber might start well...you know" She smiles at him & kisses his cheek. "Yes I know& we don't want to get Gobber anode remember the last time" Hiccup lathes. 

"Yes that wasn't good, after I anode him last time he & dad didn't stop telling me how irresponsible I'd been for a second all week" They smile. "We'll I better get to the forge why don't you go home I'll see you later" "Ok Hiccup" So she kisses his cheek then she goes home as he makes his why to the forge.

The forge

when he gets their Gobber looks up. "Oh hi laddy what you doing here so late?" "I've got to finish making my gift for Astrid &that's going to make me late home" "Oh, but if your late wont Astrid come looking for you?" "No she thinks I've lot's of work I haven't been paying much attention to lately& I need to get them done or you & dad will get angry at me & tell me how irresponsible I've been nonstop for a week again" 

"What, when have we done that?" Hiccup chuckles. "Oh lodes of times, most of my life, you two have done it so many times I can't remember" Gobber chuckles. "Well I was just about to go home so I'll see you tomorrow" So Gobber leaves then just as he leaves he looks back at Hiccup. "Oh Hiccup don't forget to lock up when you leave" "Ok Gobber night" "Night laddy" So Gobber leaves& Hiccup gets to making Astrid's gift which is a nucleus.

The Haddock house

why back at home Astrid is making dinner, over the last couple of weeks Hiccup has been teaching her to cook, she had asked him because she was guilty that he always made dinner for her she just felt it was fear if they both could so sometimes she could cook for him.    

Later not long after Astrid finishes cooking dinner Stoick walks in. "Evening Astrid is Hiccup home?""Hi Stoick no he's going to be late home tonight" Then he smells something. "Hmm something smells nice what is it?" "It's chicken legs" "Mmm my favorite" "Is it? It's the forest thing Hiccup tort me to cook...well dinner's ready" So he sits at the table then she serves dinner.    

"Thank you my dear" So they eat. "Mmm &I was told you were bad at cooking" "Well I was...you can thank Hiccup he tort me how to cook" "Well he tort you well my dear" She smiles. "Thanks Stoick & I can see why it was the first thing he tort me" "& why would that be?" "Well one because chicken legs are your favorite & two they are his favorite too" He chuckles. "Well he was brought up on chicken legs" 

Later Hiccup comes home & fine's his dad polishing his axe & Astrid clearing up the dinner things. "Hi mi-lady hi dad" "Hi son" "Hi babe your dinner is by the fire" "Thanks mi-lady" So he grabs his dinner, sits down & eats then she gives Stoick a flagon of mead as well. "Thanks my dear" 

After finishing his mead Stoick stands up. "Well I'm going to bed now good night you two" "Night" They say, then Stoick goes into his bedroom. 

"So Hiccup how did things go at the forge?" "Amazingly it didn't take as long as I throat" "I was wondering about that because when you said you would be late home I throat you meant you wouldn't be home till after I've goon to bed" "Well yes I throat that too but as I said it didn't take as long as I throat it would" Then she sits on his lap & gives him a hug.    

"Hiccup" "Yes mi-lady" "Can you believe it?" "Believe what?" "Can you believe it we've been married almost a year now?" "Oh yes & a very emotional your it's been" "Year I suppose your right" Then she Kisses his forehead & they both smile at etch over.    

"Well shall we go to bed now so we can wake up early in the morning so you can have a nice bath so you look prettier than you already are? Although come to think of it maybe it's not such a good idea I don't want all the guy's looking at you more than they do already & I don't think it's possible for you to be even prettier because if you where you'd make all the men in the would go blind from your beauty" "Oh Hiccup" She says with a giggle.    

"Yes I would like that & how early do you mean?" "Well me I'll get up at 6.30am & have a bath then I'll wake you up at 7.30am" "Ok, come-on let's get to bed & get some sleep" So they go upstairs, get changed, go to bed & go to sleep in etch over's arms.