The birth

Chapter 14  

Chapter 14  

The young Haddock house

1 month later Astrid is 9 months pregnant, she is sitting in the main room as Hiccup's feeding the dragons. "Ow!" He comes in & sees her in pane. "Astrid, what's wrong?" "Ow! It's the baby's, I think it's time... ow!" "What?" "Ow... Hiccup!" He helps her upstairs & helps her on the bed. "Ow!" "Ok, just breath, I will go get Gothi & I'll send Toothless up to keep you company" "Ow, thanks babe" So he kisses her forehead & goes down to the barn. 

The stables

"Stormfly we need to go fast & Toothless, you stay with Astrid, she needs you" Toothless runs out of the stables to the house as Hiccup gets on Stormfly & they fly off fast.   

The village 

As they are flying He spots his dad. "Stormfly land" So Stormfly lands, he gets off & runs to his dad. "Dad I need you" "Son, what is it? You look very frantic?" "It's Astrid, she's going to have the baby's" "What, she is?" "Yes dad, I'm just on my way to get Gothi" "Good, I'll go to her & meet you their"    

Hiccup gets back on Stormfly & they fly off fast, when they get to Gothi's he knock on the door & Gothi opens it. "Gothi we need you it's Astrid... she's having the baby's" So she grabs some things then he helps her on to Stormfly, gets on himself & they fly back to the house.  

The young Haddock house

When they get their they find his dad with Mrs Thurston in their bedroom then Mrs Thurston pushes Hiccup & Stoick out of the room. "Now you two out" So they go out of the room & the door shuts.

 later Hiccup is walking back & forward in panic. "Calm son... it's going to be ok" Then Hiccup hears Astrid screaming & he tries to get in the room. "Son, she's ok everything is going to be fine" Hiccup stops banging at the door & starts walking back & forward again. "Dad I'm so worried, what if I can't do this" "Son, I'm sour you'll be a great dad" "How do you know?" "Because you're my son"

"That's what scares me dad" "What do you mean son?" "Now don't take this the wrong why dad... but I'm just scared I'll neglect them & put all my concentration on working with the dragons without realizing it" "Son, you'll not do that because you are dedicated to Astrid & those kids... I've never seen anyone more dedicated" Then they hear a baby's cry.

"Dad one of the baby's are here" Stoick smiles. "Yes son... you are now oafishly a farther but you do have another kid on the way" "Yes... I hope the kids will be ok" "I'm sour they will be, with a dad like you I'm sour they'll be strong & smart like you" 

Hiccup hugs his dad then they hear two baby's crying. "They're both here" "Congratulations son" Stoick hugs him in a bone crushing hug then Mrs Torstein opens the door. "Hiccup" She says. "How is Astrid & the baby's?" "Calm down Hiccup they are all ok, now come, there are two people who want to meet you"    

So he goes in the room & sees a baby boy & a baby girl in two cradles then he kneels down & places his hands on the cribs & both of them grab his fingers & squeeze them as they giggle."Ow... ha-ha, wow, you two have strong grips like your mummy" So he picks them up & sits on a cheer next to the bed.    

"Hiccup" "I'm here Astrid, I'm here" "Where are the baby's, & how are they?" "Don't worry, their fine their right here with me, look" She sits up & he paces the baby boy to her. "They're so beautiful" "Yes they are, & they are just perfect, like you" 

Then Stoick comes in. "Son can I see my grand kids?" Then he sees the baby in her arm's & smiles. "Wow son, he looks just like you did when you were a baby except he's got blond hair" "He does?" "Yes Astrid he's identical apart from the blond hair, I mean it's like seeing Hiccup as a baby again but blond" "Oh, if that's true you where such a cute sweet baby Hiccup" "Ha-ha,  oh Astrid" 

"& the baby girl is so beautiful & looks just like you Hiccup as a baby if you were a girl" "Yes she is dad, but dad, isn't it strange that they look so different?" "Yes son but it seems they've been born with you're thing for being unheard off" 

"So what are you going to call them?" Stoick asks. "Well we're not actually sour yet... right Hiccup" "No, dad can you go & get us sum milk & mead please" "Ok son" So Stoick goes down to get some milk & mead as they talk about the names.     

"So Hiccup what do you think babe?" "Well I still like the name Hicsol" "So do I but that was one for two boy's & we have a boy & girl" "Yes I know, but I came up with a girl's name to go with it" "You did what is it?" "Hiczeler what do you think?" "I think it sounds nice, Hicsol & Hiczeler" "You do, I'm so glad, & what do you think about middle names?" 

Astrid smiles. "Well I have some" "What are the names?" "Horrendous like you, Hartford & Hallfreye" "I love them" "Thanks Hiccup but witch one with witch name?" Hiccup thinks. "How about Hicsol Horrendous & Hiczeler Hartford?" "Hiccup that's perfect, I love you" & Hiccup kisses her head then Stoick comes in with drinks in hand. 

"So have you two decided on names now?" "Yes" Astrid says. "You have, what are they?" "Hicsol Horrendous Haddock & Hiczeler Hartfrob Haddock" Hiccup says. "Wow, their very unique names"    

Suddenly both baby's grab Hiccup's hair & pulls. "Ow!" He giggles in pain "Ha-ha-ha, yep, devoutly Hiccup's kids" Stoick says."Ha- ha, what do you mean?" Astrid asks. "I mean that's what he you's to do, he pulled on my beard all the time from the day he was born" "He did?" "Yes, & although he was small he had a strong grip, well, I'll leave you two, bye" "Bye" they both say, So they sit & cow over the kids then they all fall asleep on the bed.