The baby talk

Chapter 7

The Haddock house

Later that day at dinner Stoick comes home & sees Astrid & Hiccup sitting at the table eating. "Hi you two" "Hi" They both say then Stoick sits at the table with them.    

"How are you feeling now Astrid?" "I feel ok" "So what was wrung?" "Nothing really" "What's she mean son? There must have been something?" Hiccup rubs his head knavishly. "Well dad their might not have been something rung but" "But what son?"    

"There was something" "& that is?" Hiccup takes a breath. "Well dad Astrid is pregnant" "Yes...that's my boy! I'm going to be a grandpa!" Hiccup looks at his dad in shook. "So you're happy & you're not going to yell at us?" "Angry why would I be angry?"    

Hiccup just looks at him speechless. "You know what Hiccup's like...he just fort considering are age you would be angry & yell at us" Stoick smiles & puts his hand on his son's shoulder & Hiccup smiles. "Son I'm very happy, sour it's earlier than I expected you to have kids but still I'm happy"    

"Ok but dad how can we do this? I mean it's hard as it is having 3 living here & with all the baby things we'll need & spies...I just can't see how we'll make it work" "Son, Astrid you don't have to worry about all that" "We don't dad?" "No you don't because me, Gobber & some overs have already got a house half built for you two" "You have?" "Yes Astrid it was suppose to be a surprise when it was finished but...with what's going on it's better you know now so you don't have to worry about spas for the baby" They both smile & hug Stoick then sit back down. 

"So how far along are you Astrid?" "5 weeks" "5 weeks but wouldn't that mean?" "Yes dad snogoltog" "Wow your first time & you got her pregnant" "Yes dad" "Wow son you must have strong stuff, I mean I've never heard of someone getting a girl pregnant the first time, it's unheard off" Hiccup blushes. "Oh dad" 

"What it's true don't you agree Astrid?" "Yes it is that does seem to be his thing doing things unheard off" Hiccup giggles. "Astrid you're supposed to be on my side" "But it is true & just one reason why I love you" "Because I do things unheard off" "Yes & because you are unexpected I never know what you're going to do next what makes you very different & exciting" Hiccup giggles & Stoick smiles at them. 

"Well I'll leave you two alone, oh & tomorrow I'll announce the pregnancy" "No, no dad don't yet please...we want to keep this to are self's for awhile until we sort some things out" "Ok son but I will need to announce the pregnancy sooner or later" "Ok dad just a few weeks that's all"