ONE: "Alicia Halstead."

A young woman wearing a CFD uniform walks up the driveway to Firehouse 51. She sees Truck outside doing drills. Captain Matthew Casey sees her and walks up to her. 

'You must be Alicia Halstead, our new firefighter paramedic.' Matt starts and Alicia nods. 'I'm Captain Matt Casey.' Matt introduces himself as he shakes Alicia's hand. 'Cheif Boden is on holiday so I'll give you the paperwork for you to sign. I'll introduce you to everyone.' He then leads Alicia to Truck. 'Listen up!' Everyone faces him. 'This is Alicia Halstead. She'll be on Ambulance 61 until we find a more permanent replacement for Dawson. She'll then join us on Truck.' 

'Halstead?' Herrmann questions. 'Any relation to Jay and Will Halstead?' 

'They're my older brothers.' Alicia nods. 'I've been working in Seattle for a while. I moved there when I was nineteen. They don't know I'm back.' 

'I take it you guys aren't close.' Matt says. 

'Jay and I are close but Will and I aren't.' Alicia replies. 

'So, this is our Truck Company. Stella Kidd, Randall McHolland, better known as Mouch, Christopher Herrmann and Brian Zvoenecek, best known as Otis.' Matt introduces everyone. They all smile and raise their hand as their names are said. Matt then turns to Alicia. 'I'll introduce you to the Squad Company then your partner. Then we can get the paperwork signed.' Matt says. Alicia nods and follows Matt into the firehouse and up to the Squad table. 'Severide, this is our new firefighter paramedic, Alicia Halstead. She'll be covering on Ambo until we get a permanent paramedic. She'll then transfer over to Truck 81.' 

'Welcome to 51, Halstead.' Severide smiles. 

'Halstead, this is Luitenant Severide, Joe Cruz, Tony and Capp.' Matt introduces them. 'Do you know where Brett is?' 

'I think she's in the bunk room.' Cruz replies. 

'Follow me.' Matt says to Alicia. She nods and follows Matt to the bunk room. They see Sylvie sitting on her bed reading a book. 'Brett.' Matt states as he walks over to Sylvie. Sylvie looks up at them. 'This is Alicia Halstead, your new partner, temporarily.' Sylvie stands up and shakes her hand. 'Halstead, this is Sylvie Brett, the PIC.' 

'I'm looking forward to working with you.' Sylvie smiles. 

''I'm looking forward to working with you too.' Alicia smiles back.

'I'll get the paperwork for you to sign, just to say that you've started today.' Matt tells Alicia before walking to his office. 

'Where were you before here?' Sylvie asks.

'Station 19 in Seattle.' Alicia responds. Matt then returns. He hands over a clipboard. and a pen.

'It's just this one form.' Matt tells her. Alicia signs the form and hands the clipboard and pen back to Matt. 'I gotta get back to doing drills. Brett, can you show Halstead to her locker. It's Gabby's old one.' 

'Sure.' Sylvie nods. Matt then walks away. 'C'mon.' Alicia follows Sylvie to the locker room and points to Gabby's old locker. 'It's this one.'

'Thanks.' Alicia smiles. She puts her bag in her locker and closes it.

'What did Casey mean by temporary partner?' Sylvie questions.

'I'm actually a firefighter but I said that I'd fill in on ambo until you get a proper partner.' Alicia explains.

'Ah.' Sylvie nods. 'Your brother, Jay, has talked about you a lot but he never talked about why you became a firefighter.'

'That's something that we never really talk about.' Alicia replies. 'I will talk about it, but not just yet.'