ELEVEN: "Favour"

After an hour, Alicia walks back through to the common room.

‘You okay?’ Matt asks her.

‘Yeah.’ Alicia nods as she sits at the table. ‘I’ve been on the phone to Jay and Will. They gave me some good advice.’

.

At the end of her shift, Alicia heads straight to Med. She walks into the ED, spots Connor and walks over to him.

‘Hey.’ She smiles. ‘Can we talk?’

‘Sure.’ Connor nods. ‘Let’s go into the doctor’s lounge.’ Alicia follows Connor through to the doctor’s lounge. ‘What’s up?’

‘Jack ended things with me and that has made me realise that I need to end things with you.’ Alicia tells him. ‘And it’s not because I’m still in love with him.’ They both sit on the sofa. ‘Every relationship I’ve been in since I was sixteen, I’ve ruined. By cheating. I cheated on Jack with someone back in Seattle and now with you. I really do love you, Connor. More than anything but I don’t want to hurt you.’ Connor takes her hand.

‘You’re worth the risk.’ He says. He leans into her and kisses her. Alicia pushes deeper into the kiss. They’re interrupted by Will walking in.

‘Oh, Sorry.’ He apologises.

‘It’s fine.’ Alicia smiles. ‘I need to go anyway.’

‘Why don’t you stick around for an extra ten minutes? I’ll be finished by then.’ Connor suggests. ‘We could go for breakfast.’

‘Sure.’ Alicia smiles. Connor stands up and walks out. Once Connor is out, Will turns to face Alicia with his hands on his hips. ‘What?’

‘You didn’t take our advice then?’ He asks.

‘I don’t need to take your advice.’ Alicia shakes her head. ‘I told him what happened with Jack and what I’m like when it comes to relationships.’

‘Alicia you’re going to end up hurting him.’ Will states. ‘And with Connor’s history of women, if you hurt him, it will probably break him.’

‘I’m not going to hurt him.’ Alicia shakes her head. ‘Well, I’m going to try and not hurt him, anyway.’

.

A couple of months have passed, Connor and Alicia are happy together, Matt and Shaylynn have started seeing each other. Alicia is clearing out the compartments in Truck 81 when her phone rings. She gets it out of her pocket and sees that it’s Travis. She answers the call and puts the phone to her ear.

‘Hello?’

Hey.’ Travis replies. ‘I just thought I’d let you know that Andy and Jack have gotten engaged.’ Alicia keeps silent. ‘Alicia?

‘That’s erm- that’s really great. Pass on my congratulations.’ Alicia replies.

Are you okay?’ Travis questions. ‘We’ve barely talked since Jack came back.

‘I’m fine.’ Alicia assures him as she continues taking things out of the compartment. ‘I promise.’

Well, you know that I’m only a call away, right?