THIRTEEN: "Quit Teasing."

'Is everyone else okay?' Alicia questions. 

'Yeah.' Ryan nods. 

'We're going to give you some time off, if you need it, to go and be with them.' Matt tells her. 

'I can't.' Alicia shakes her head, sighing. 'I need to stay in Chicago. For the next week at least.' Ryan, Boden, and Matt look at her confused. 'Earlier this morning Jay noticed my dad wasn't feeling well so he called Will who went to check on him with Connor. They took him to Med and found that one of his arteries is 80% blocked. He'll need all the help he can get when he gets out of the hospital.'

'Alicia, I'm so sorry.'  Ryan sympathizes. 

'Thanks.' Alicia smiles slightly. 

'Are you sure you don't want some time off?' Boden questions. 

'Yeah.' Alicia nods. 'My dad and I aren't extremely close. I'll just drop in and see him whenever I can get the chance. If I feel that my head isn't in the game, I'll step back.' Matt and Boden look at each other then back at Alicia. 

'The second you feel like you can't do your job properly-' Matt starts. 

'I know.' Alicia nods as they all stand up. 'You can put 61 back into service.' 

'I'll go let Foster know.' Matt nods before walking out of the office. Alicia wipes the few tears that have fallen from her eyes. 

'Come here.' Ryan extends his arms. Alicia steps forward and they hug. After a few moments, they part. 'Are you sure you're okay?' 

'Yeah.' 

'It's just the last time you were this overwhelmed with emotions you tried to jump from the roof of the Columbia Center.' Ryan says.

'We don't talk about that.' Alicia says quietly. 

'You haven't told anyone, have you?' Ryan asks. 

'No-one needs to know.' She shakes her head. 'Will and Jay don't even know so don't tell anyone. Please?' 

'Sure.' Ryan nods. 'But the minute I hear that you've spiraled again-'

'I got it.' Alicia puts her hands up in defense. 'I appreciate you looking out for me.' She smiles. 'Keep me updated on their conditions?' 

'You know I will.' Ryan nods. 'And call me if you feel like you're going to spiral again?' 

'I've got a great support network here, Ry.' Alicia replies and Ryan raises an eyebrow. 'But.' She adds, sighing. 'If I feel like I'm going to spiral, I will call you.' 

'Good.' Ryan smiles. 'I better get going.' The two hug once more. 'Take care of yourself.' He tells her as they part. 

'You too.' Alicia smiles back. 'Bye.' 

'Bye.' Ryan says before leaving. After a couple of minutes, Alicia walks out of Boden's office and to the common room. 

'Everything okay, Halstead?' Herrmann questions. 

'Yeah.' Alicia nods. She walks over to the coffee pot and pours herself a mug. She turns around and leans against the counter. 

'We heard your dad was admitted to Med.' Mouch says. 

'Yeah.' She nods. 'He's had problems with his heart before but he's too stubborn to get it checked out. I'm surprised he even agreed to go to Med with Connor and Will.'

'I guess now we know where you get your stubbornness from.' Otis laughs. 

'The Halsteads have always been stubborn.' Alicia states. 'It runs in our blood.' She takes a sip of her coffee.