THREE: "TMI."

'Well?' Travis asks, excited. Alicia keeps silent. 'C'mon! I wanna know!' 

'I'm pregnant.' Alicia says quietly as she sinks down onto the sofa. Travis sits next to you.

'That's good news!' Travis grins. 'Isn't it?' 

'I don't know.' Alicia shakes her head. 'Jack and I never discussed having kids. That's why we always used protec-' She suddenly stops. 'Holy shit.' She adds slowly. 

'What?' Travis asks. Alicia positions herself so that her whole body is facing Travis.

'I might not be a couple of weeks pregnant, Trav.' 

'Wait, what?' Travis questions.

'I might be a couple of months pregnant.' 

'I thought you said that you and Jack always used protection.' Travis says confused. 

'Remember the fundraiser Gala we were all invited to a couple of months ago?' Alicia asks him and he nods. 'Well afterwards, Jack and I booked a room and spent the night there, there wasn't much sleeping though.' 

'TMI, Lecia.' Travis laughs.

'Anyway, we didn't use protection that night.' Alicia questions. 

'We need to get you booked into for an ultrasound.' Travis tells her. 'We can go to the ED now and get you one!' 

'Calm down.' Alicia laughs. 'I'll book one tomorrow, it's way too late to go for one now.' 

'Not if I knock you out and carry you, unconscious, into the ED.' Travis smirks, jokingly going to punch her but Alicia stops him.

'Which will result in you getting arrested for assaulting firefighter.' She adds. 'And your ass getting kicked by my brothers and we don't want to ruin that beautiful face of yours, do we?'

'Fair point.' Travis nods, laughing. 'You've got to let me come with you to the ultrasound though.' 

'Of course.' Alicia smiles. 'I'm not about to leave you out of all this.' Travis puts his arm around her shoulder and she rests her head against him whilst rubbing her hand over her belly. 'I've got a human growing inside of me.' 

'That's how pregnancy works, Lecia.' Travis laughs. 

'Shut up.' She playfully slaps him with her other hand. 'It's crazy.' It then hits her. She jolts up.

'What is it?' Travis questions, also sitting up.

'How am I going to tell Jack, I can hardly tell him that I'm carrying his child over the phone.' Alicia panics.

'Take a chill pill, Lecia. I'll book some plane tickets to Seattle for you when you're next off. You can stay with me and you can tell Jack in person.'

'That's why you're my best friend.' Alicia smiles.

.

The next day, Alicia and Travis walk onto the obstetrics and gynaecology floor. Alicia sighs in and they both sit down.

'Let's hope that we're in and out of here before Will sees us.' Alicia says.

'Why don't you want him to see us?' Travis queries.

'I'm just not ready to face him yet.' Alicia sighs. A technician then walks out to the waiting area.

'Miss Halstead?' He shouts. Both Alicia and Travis follow the technician through to a room. Alicia sits on the bed in the room whilst Travis sits on a chair at the foot of the bed. 'So, Miss Halstead, is this your partner?'