TWELVE: "Let the docs do their thing."

A few weeks have gone by. News has spread of Alicia and Connor's engagement. A few days after the engagement, Alicia and Connor flew out to Seattle to break the news to everyone at Station 19. Matt has proposed to Shaylynn and they've begun the process of planning their wedding. 

Alicia and Shaylynn are sitting in Shaylynn's kitchen looking through some bridal magazines. 

'I'm guessing by the number of bridal magazines you've got, you and Connor have already chosen a date.' Shaylynn laughs. 

'Yeah.' She nods. 'February 14th.' Shaylynn just laughs. 

'Bit cheesy isn't it?' She asks. 

'Well the wedding planner we met asked us for a date and when she said we hadn't really thought of a date, she told us to say a random date together and we both said February 14th and that's that. She wants us to create our own mood boards of what we want the wedding to be like.' Alicia explains. 'Connor has chosen Will as his best man so they're back at home doing his mood board. I'd like it if you were my maid of honour.' 

'Really?!' Shaylynn exclaims. 'I'd love to!' 

'My dad wants to pay for the wedding.' Alicia tells her. 'He can barely afford the place he's in now, Jay, Will and I are all helping him covering his rent, I go and cook for him a few days a week and clean his apartment.' She continues. 'Connor and Cornelius have said that they'd pay for the entire thing but I feel guilty. I feel like I should be contributing something to it.'

'You're marrying the guy!' Shaylynn says. 'That can be your contribution.' There's a moment of silence. 'Look, I get that you're worried that you're going to end up cheating on Connor but you haven't yet, have you? That's a good sign. If Connor didn't have any faith in you, he wouldn't have proposed.' Alicia just smiles and laughs. 

'What would I do without you?' 

.

It's been a few days. Alicia is sitting cross-legged on her bed in the bunkroom at 51 when Matt walks in. 

'Halstead, Brett has called in sick so I'd like you on ambo until she's better.' Matt informs her. 

'Sure.' She nods. 

'Are you okay?' he asks, noticing the blank expression on her face. 

'Yeah.' Alicia smiles as she gets off her bed. 'I'll go get changed into my paramedic uniform.' She walks through to the locker room, gets changed and five minutes later, she walks into the common room. As she's about to sit down, the alarm goes off. 

Ambulance 61. Juvenile in distress. 365 Maderia Drive 60348

Alicia runs to the ambulance as Emily stands up but before Emily can move, Matt pulls her to one side. 

'Keep an eye on Halstead. Something's up.' Matt tells her. 

'Will do.' Emily nods. 

.

Arriving at the address, they are met by the patient's parents. 

'What happened?' Alicia asks as they follow the parents into the house. 

'He was on the trampoline, he tried to do a front flip but landed on his neck.' The mom says. 'His name's Brandon. He's nine.' They're led out to the garden where a boy is lying on the trampoline. 

'Call for extra manpower.' Alicia tells Emily. Emily nods and radios in asking for extra assistance whilst Alicia walks up to the trampoline. She sees that Brandon's eyes are welling with tears. 'Hi, Brandon.' Alicia replies. 'We're going to play a little game of sleeping lions. I need you to stay as still as possible for me. Okay?'