TWENTY: "Hands Full."

It's a few days later. It's Alicia's final scan and check-up before she gives birth in a month. As Connor had an overnight shift, she is meeting him at the hospital. She gets out of bed has a quick shower before getting changed into some black maternity leggings, an oversized grey sweater and some black converse. She dries her hair and puts it into a ponytail and does her usual, simple, everyday makeup look. Once she's ready, she books a Uber as Connor will be driving them back in his truck. After about twenty minutes, she gets an alert on her phone saying that her Uber is outside. She puts her phone in her pocket, picks up her bag and keys and leaves, locking the door behind her. She walks down to the Uber and gets in.

'Chicago Med, is it?' The Uber driver, Max, asks. 

'Yep.' Alicia nods as she puts her seatbelt on. Max also nods and drives off. After a couple of minutes, he talks. 

'So, how far along are you?' Max questions. 

'About thirty-five weeks.' Alicia replies. 

'You're in the final countdown then.' Max smiles.

'Yeah.' Alicia grins. 

'Do you know what you're having?' 

'Twins.' Alicia smiles. 'A boy and a girl.' 

'Ah. That's nice.' Max states. 'I have twins myself. Two girls. Maya and Ellie. Have you thought of names yet?' 

'My husband and I actually revealed their names to our friends and family the other day.' Alicia replies. 'Ellera Elizabeth and Noah Jacob.' 

'They're really lovely names.' Max nods.

'Thank you.' Alicia grins. 

'What do you usually do for work?' 

'I'm a firefighter.' Alicia tells him.

'Oh, wow!' Max's eyes widen. 'Is your husband a firefighter too?' 

'No.' Alicia shakes her head. 'He's a surgeon. That's why I'm going to Med. He's just had a night shift. I'm meeting him there and we're going for my last scan before the babies come and then breakfast.' They come up to a red light at a busy intersection. 

'You're gonna have your hands full when the little ones come. Let me tell you that.' Max laughs. 

'So I've been told.' Alicia laughs back. 

'You know, if my wife heard me tell you that, she'd be hitting me and telling me to not scare you.' Max says. The light turns green and Max starts driving again. As he drives across the intersection, a car ploughs through a red light and into the centre of the intersection. Max swerves the car to avoid being hit by the other car but another car hits it, causing the Uber to topple on its side. 

.

A couple of minutes later, Max starts to open his eyes. 

'Mrs Rhodes!' He shouts, remembering the name from the order. When she doesn't reply, he looks back and sees that she's unconscious. 'Crap.' He whispers. He carefully takes his seatbelt off and lowers himself down. He opens the door and crawls out just as Firehouse 51 arrive on the scene. Herrmann and Stella run over to him and help him. They take him away from the car. 'There's a passenger in there.' He tells them. Herrmann waves for Severide and Cruz to look in the car. 'She's about thirty-five weeks pregnant with twins. I was-' 

'IT'S ALICIA!' Severide shouts. Upon hearing Alicia's name, Shaylynn runs over to the car.

'How is she?' Shaylynn asks, looking into the car. 

'Unconscious.' Severide informs her. Shaylynn sees that Alicia has a serious head wound. 'She's trapped in there pretty bad.' Seconds later, everyone else from 51gather around the car.