SIX: "React."

'I still love you, 'licia.' Jack says. 'I will never stop loving you.' He adds, kissing her hand.

.

A few days pass. Alicia is being discharged from the hospital. Everyone from Station 19 has returned to Seattle and Jack has started at Firehouse 51. As Jay has the day off, he picks Alicia up from the hospital. He walks onto the neurosurgery floor and into Alicia's room. Alicia is sat on the edge of the bed, dressed and brushing her hair.

'Hey.' Jay smiles.

'Hey.' Alicia smiles back. She puts the brush in her bag. 'I'm just waiting on my discharge paperwork.'

'That's alright.' Jay nods. 'I'm not in work so there's no rush.'

'I was thinking we could go for breakfast.' Alicia states. 'We could ask Will to come with us.'

'Are you sure?' Jay raises an eyebrow, knowing that Alicia and Will still aren't close.

'Yeah.' Alicia nods.

.

Half an hour later, Will, Jay and Alicia are sat in a diner eating breakfast.

'Did dad visit you whilst you were in the hospital?' Will questions, looking at Alicia.

'Yeah.' Alicia nods. 'Jack and I are going for dinner with him next week.'

'Are you sure getting back together with Jack is a good idea?' Will asks. Alicia slams her fork down.

'You really can't be happy for me, can you?' Alicia scoffs. 'Not even for one second?'

'I just meant- Alicia, you've just lost a baby together. You broke off your engagement to Jack because he didn't want to move here with you and now he's here and you're back together.' Will says.

'Jack and I had been together for four years before we split. We were friends before that. We stayed friends when I broke off our engagement. If wasn't a tough split, Will. It was what was best for us at the time.' Alicia says. 'I get that you're looking out for me but you've done this my whole life. Asking me whether I'm making the right choices. Moving to Seattle. Joining the fire department. Going to those parties. Meeting those people. The overprotective brother was alright when I was sixteen but I don't need you constantly scrutinising all my decisions anymore. How long have I been clean, Will? How long has it been since that day?' Will looks down at his plate. 'I don't need you looking over my shoulder twenty-four seven anymore.' She gets her purse out of her bag and puts some money down to pay for her part of the bill. 'I'm going to go to 51.' She then looks at Jay. 'Could you drop my stuff off at my apartment?' She asks him and he nods. 'Thanks.' She looks back at Will. 'Jack's contract is for sixth months, FYI. We're dating again, not getting engaged.' She then walks out and makes her way to firehouse 51.

.

A month and a half goes by. Alicia has returned to work.  It's her first shift. When she walks into firehouse 51, everyone is sat in the common room eating breakfast. She creeps up behind Otis and puts her head next to his ear. Everyone else but Otis is aware of Alicia's presence. 

'What'cha doing?' She grins, making him jump and bite his tongue. He turns around to see Alicia standing, smiling at him.

'Jesus Christ woman!' Otis puts his hand on his chest. 'You know you can kill someone by scaring them, right?' Since Alicia has started at 51, she's developed a close friendhsip with Otis. 

'Awe, you've missed me.' Alicia smiles. She grabs a slice of toast from his plate and puts it in her mouth. 'I'm going to go and put my bag away.' She walks through to the locker room, as she's about to open her locker, she feels a pair of hands wrap around her waist and a kiss on her neck. She turns around and sees Jack smiling at her; he pushes her against the lockers, moves closer to her and plants a kiss on her lips. Alicia wraps her arms around him and pushes deeper into the kiss. They're interrupted by Kelly walking into the locker room with a woman wearing a Squad 3 uniform.