Chapter 10: The wands (part 1)

Thalia's P.O.V:

  We were waiting for Percy and some other people. And by we, I mean me, Nico, and an old man with the longest beard I've ever seen. When Percy arrived, Nico and me sprinted towards him, engulfing him in a big hug. I was so worried about him! One day, I went back to camp, and all I know about him is that he has disappeared! I looked around to "study" the others, and all I saw was a shorter and scrawnier version of Percy. He opened his mouth to try and talk to me, but before he could make any sound, made him know not to mess with me.

   Long bearded guy told the others to go if they wanted to, and that he would bring us back to the Burrow. They all accepted other than mini Percy, a redheaded fat boy, and a girl with bushy brown hair. "Sooo...this is Hermione, Harry and Ron." Percy said pointing at the girl, then small him, and finally the other boy. "But, of course, you already knew who we are. Right?" Said Hermione? What kind of name is that? Whatever. Nico and I shook our heads, and the three of them seemed shocked. "Do you live under a rock? We're the 'Golden trio'! The slayers of Voldemort!..." said Ron. "They don't live under a rock, but you might if you continue talking about them like that." said Percy in a calm voice, which was scary, because he was actually getting really angry. Ron backed away a little, Hermione eyed me as if I was some kind of threat to I don't know what, and Harry was looking at Percy as if he was trying to figure out the best way to kill him.

   Fortunately, the old man came and interrupted this little conversation, and spoke "Thalia, Nico and Percy, please follow me. My name is Dumbledore by the way. Harry, Hermione and Ron, you can come with us if you want to." Then, he started walking through the door of the wands shop. I looked at the exterior of the shop before going in. It was narrow and shabby with peeling gold letters over the door of ths shop that O couldn't read because of my dyslexia. When I entered the shop, I looked around me to make out some of it in the little amount of light there was. The shop was tiny, empty, except for a single, spindly chair in the corner. Thousands of narrow boxes, probably containing wands, were piled right up to the ceiling of the little shop, and the whole place had a thin layer of dust about it.

   Suddenly, an elderly man emerged from the darkness, just like Nico did all of the time. He looked at the bunch of us, then smiled widely. "I have been waiting for you, Perseus Jackson, Thalia Grace and Nico Di Angelo." said the man. We all got in fighting stances, in case he was a monster. "How do you know our names?" asked Percy. "Do not worry, young demigod. I am not a monster. As to how I know your names, it is a secret." I didn't know why, but I believed him. I somehow knew he was sincere. I gave the boys a nod, letting them know that it was alright. They got back into a normal position, but they still looked alerted. "Do not worry, children. This is Ollivander, he is the owner of the shop. He's going to help you find your wands, or, as he prefers, help the wands find their new master or partner." said Dumbledore. "Yes, indeed, professor Dumbledore" responded Ollivander.

   Percy, Nico and I looked at each other, the same question obvious in our eyes: are they still sane? "Okay, so, who's first?" asked the wand maker. Again, the three of us teenagers looked at each other. "Well, ladies first, no?" said Percy. I sent him a glare, and then looked at the elderly man, only to see him disappear through a door in the back of the shop. I quickly followed him inside.

   The room I stepped in was like the previous one. It was dark, with a bit of light from some candles, and thousands of boxes with wands were stacked to the ceiling of the tiny room. Ollivander disappeared again in the rows of boxes, and when he came back to me, he was holding a wand made from dark wood. It seemed nice, but I didn't really like it. Plus, as soon as I held it, a stack of boxes flew apart, so I didn't think it liked me either. He quickly took it back. And that's what happened with every single wand I tried for approximately 18 minutes, until he gave me an amazing wand. Apparently, it was made out of pine wood (what a coincidence), which I'm never telling Percy or Nico. It's core was a phoenix's feather and it had a bit of lightning, which seemed weird. As soon as I held it, I knew it was mine. It felt right. I waved it, and everything I previously destroyed fixed itself. "This is your wand Ms. Grace. Take good care of it, as it is a really powerful one." told me Ollivander. He looked kind of surprised, but whatever. I immediately went out to see my friends waiting for me, bored, trying to stay calm, which was hard with ADHD.

A/N: Gonna stop this chapter here, cause, why not? Hope you liked it, and if there is anything I can do to make the story better, please let me know. Tank uzz and byeee😊♥️