Chapter 11: The wands (part 2)

Nico Di Angelo's P.O.V:

   Percy and I were waiting for Thalia to come back. It has been 20 minutes since she went through that door. What could have been taking her so long?! Finally, she came back, followed by the old man. "Okay, who's next?" he asked. Percy and I looked at each other, and, before I knew it, I was being pushed into the other room. Before disappearing behind the door, I sent Percy my worst glare, at which he laughed. The room wasn't really different from the previous one. It had many boxes containing wands. Ollivander handed me one of them. As soon as I took it and waved it a bit, one of the candles that gave us some light flew to the other side of the room. The old man immediately took the wand back. He gave me another one. Same thing happened with that one (as in another "disaster"). Then a new one. Same.

   Every time the old man handed me a wand, something was either destroyed, or thrown to I don't know where in the room. Well, until he handed me a beautiful black wand probably made of ebony wood. Its handle was covered with a skull, and, if you looked closely, you could see that there were little parts of precious stones in the wood of the wand. When I held it, I felt a surge of power run through me. A black skeleton came out of the tip of it, wandering around the tiny room, fixing and arranging everything that I had destroyed.

   "Well. It appears this wand has chosen you, my boy. It is made of ebony wood. Its core is thestral hair, with a bit of death in it. The person who gave it to me told me that it was destined to the greatest son of Hades. I tried it, but it didn't respond to me." said Ollivander. "Wait. Does that mean you're a child of Hades'? Since you said you tried it, and you knew it was destined to be the greatest child of Hades' wand." I asked. "This is not important right now. Come on. Let's go.  I have one more customer to serve." saidOllivander and he pushed me back into the room where the others were waiting. Ughh. I hated when they did that!

Percy Jackson's P.O.V:

   Okay. Nico's back, now it's my turn. Old man took me to the other room. I was surprised to see that it was like the previous one. Honestly, I was expecting a big machine that reads your mind and picks the perfect wand for you. Oh well. I didn't notice Ollie (cause Ollivander is to long to pronounce) was gone until he came out of a pile of boxes. He was holding a normal stick, and he told me to try it. "This is a stick. You know, we could have gone out, picked up any stick and said it was a magic wand." I said. "Oh, but, my boy, it wouldn't be a wand, now would it? This is not just a stick. It is really has magic. Now, try it.". I took the 'wand' from his hands and waved it. I didn't think it liked being called a simple stick, because it sent me flying across the room. Ollie immediately took the wand from me, and I was relieved, then he went back to the stack of boxes.

   30 minutes and 28 wands later, we still didn't find a good wand for me. I started to think that these wands made a pack with Zeus to make my life miserable. That is when Ollie gasped, looking at me with wide eyes muttering something like "it couldn't be...", as if I had a third eye on my nose.
He ran, faster than I thought he could, if I may add, to the far end of the room. When he came back, he was holding a beautifully crafted wand. It was a light brown colour, with a horse head carved at its handle, but it wasn't easy to see. It also had barely noticeable seaweed designs on its shaft, and there was a sea green crystal embedded in its tip. I held it and waved it. A horse came out of the crystal and galloped around the room, and a fresh breeze carrying the sent of the sea was spread.

   "Oh. This wand has chosen you. I...this one has been in the back of the shop for ages. It was said to be a great wizard's wand, the most powerful, loyal and kind wizard." said Ollie. Yaayy! That is exactly what I wanted! To be a powerful wizard! Guess the fates really do hate me. I got back to the other room, we paid and then went out of the shop.

A/N: Hello! First of all: I AM SO SORRY FOR THE (REALLY, REALLY) LATE UPDATE. I WAS WORKING ON SOMETHING ELSE (A NEW STORY YAAYYYY). Okay, ummm...hope you like this one. I had to write it 2 times cause the 1st time I kinda forgot to save it...😅😅. Sorry if it's horrible. I promise the next one will be better. Well I hope so. Byeeee😁♥️