Chapter 14

Hermione Granger:

After the "monster attack", we were asked to go to our bedrooms, except for Percy, the girl and the other boy, whatever their names were, who were asked to stay with the adults. Apparently, they knew something about this attack and, honestly, Harry, Ron and I think they put up a play to pass as heroic and steal our spotlight. I personally think that Percy was forced into this, while Ron and Harry think Percy is the one who planned on doing so all along and he and the emo kid dragged the girl into this mess. I got frustrated and left the room, heading for the kitchen. How dare them contradict me?! The smartest witch of my age?! I can't believe them!

I ran down the stairs, and, just as I was entering the kitchen, my face collided with something harc. I stumbled backwards, letting out a frustrated sigh. "Can't you be a little mor..." I looked up and stopped talking, as I saw Percy standing in front of me.
"I'm sorry." he simply said. His eyes met mine, and I felt my heart skip a beat.
"I hope the impact broke your nose, cause it's getting slightly red."
I turned my head to the girl that interrupted our moment, glaring at her. But, her words did give me an idea. I quickly covered my nose with my hand and bowed my head, letting out a groan. I glanced over at the girl. The look of unbelief she had almost made me laugh. I turned my eyes to Percy's direction. He was looking at me with a knowing look. He knew it was just an act. To make it look a bit more realistic, I walked past them and into the kitchen.
"I'm going to get some ice for my nose. Want anything Percy?" I ask him. He doesn't respond. He just walks up the stairs with his friends.

A few minutes passed, and I was still in the kitchen, reading. When Ron and Harry decided to join me, I don't why, but I felt relieved.
"I knew you guys would come to comfort me! We are best friends after all, you couldn't possibly..."
"What? Oh. You think we came down for you? Well, we didn't. We were just hungry." replied Harry.
What he said hurt. I felt like he stabbed me with a heating knife right in the heart. Even though I didn't need them, I always loved these two. They were all I've got left. They were my family.

Tears shielded my vision. I blinked them away and ran out of the room. I might have overreacted, but I didn't care about that. I suddenly felt extremely tired. Like a weigh was lifted off my shoulders and it left some good marks. I couldn't stand up anymore, my legs betrayed me, and I fell to the floor, quickly drifting into unconsciousness.

A/N: Hellozz! I know it's a bit too late buut...THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR 1K READS♥️♥️♥️ I still can't believe it! I mean this story isn't that good. But anyways, thank you, again♥️♥️ hope you enjoy this chapter. And I'd appreciate it if you tell me how to improve my writing. Also, for those who also read french books, you can check out my friend's book (lucagrangerchase4) "DreamWorld: réalité fictive". It's seriously amazing. Tank uz and byeee😊♥️