Chapter Two

My head hurt when I woke up. That's all. I felt worn and tired and after registering that I was in a trunk, I started freaking the hell out.

   First I was crying, then screaming. What would Grayson think? I was kidnapped.

   I used all of my strength to hit the trunk door but it didn't budge.

   My phone buzzed it my pocket, signaling I had a text. I tried maneuvering my body to get it. I was on my side, one hand reaching into my back pocket and squinting at the bright light radiating from the screen.

   It was Grayson. He was stating how that's fine and he was waiting for me. Oh, he didn't have to wait any longer.

   I dialed 911 and listened to the hum of my phone. I only had fifteen percent battery left and planned to use it all.

   Who was this guy? Why was he kidnapping me?

   "Nine-one-one, please state your emergency." A pleasant voice said.

   "Um, I was kidnapped," was all I managed to shout. My heart was beating rapidly and my head kept hitting the trunk door as he hit each bump on the road.

   "Okay, ma'am. Do you know where you are?"

   "Well, I'm inside of a trunk. I think I've been here for a while because he put me to sleep." By now, I was crying and emotional. Snot was running from my nose and all I could think about was my friends and family.

   The operator's voce softened. "We're tracking you now. Where were you last at?"

   "The uh, mall. Onterio Center Mall. I drove a red Accord."

   "Is there anything in the trunk to help you escape?" She asked around. There was nothing at all except....me.

   Just then, the car stopped abruptly. "I gotta go." I whispered. I hung up the phone before the woman could say anything else. Squeezing my eyes shut, I held my hands together ready to fight.

   I could hear the click of the trunk, then it opened.