Chapter Fifteen

•°•°•Grayson•°•°•

Her touch is tantalizing, her voice taking me places. "I love you." I say. "I love you more." She replies.

Our tongues mingle, my hand in her long soft hair and all I want is to have her. But we're waiting. She wants to wait so I'll wait too.

"Grayson." Sienna whispers, straddling me. It is so surreal. "Grayson."

"GRAYSON!"

My eyes blinked open, feeling the rush of depression was over me. It was a stupid dream. Sienna was still missing.

I registered my surroundings. I was sleeping in Randy's basement, hiding from my dad but here he was now in flesh with fury in his eyes.

Randy was standing behind him looking guilty.

"Sorry man." He says.

"Get the hell up! RIGHT NOW."

I obeyed.

"Where are those goddamn tapes?"

"I don't know what you're–"

In a swift motion, dad had punched me in the chest like he always used to do when I was a kid. As punishment.

"Sir–" Randy stepped forward and caught me while I stumbled backward. "You're gonna have to go."

"Don't try me, son. Where are those tapes? You're stopping authorities from finding your little girlfriend."

"There. There r-right there." I tried catching my breath, holding my chest.

That hurt.

My dad ravaged the bed and finally found it, glaring at me as he stuffed them into a plastic bag. "Do this again and I'll do more than punch you."

After he left, Randy patted me on the back. "It's okay. I'm sorry."

"Yeah fine." I said back, lying back down. I had all the information I needed.

____________________________

"Hey Danny." I said, catching up to him at the local bookstore.

He was a young officer at the department and a huge book worm. If he had anything to tell me, he would.

"Hey, Grayson. What's up?"

"Nothing much."

"I'm sorry about...Sienna. I know how much you care about her."

"Yeah well..."

"What's going on?"

"I was just wonderin' if you have any information or details on her case."

"I uh...I don't think I'm allowed to tell you anything." He said nervously. I picked up a Steven King book and set it back down.

"I know but, you know how much I love her. I need to find where she is. I wanna be her hero, ya' know?" I said.

"I can't." He said.

"Please."

Danny finally sighed and led me to a corner of the store.

"They tracked her call. Says she was on a highway, east of here. And then I guess it died and they lost the connection."

"Which one?"

"Route 502 I think."

"Thank you!" I was already running towards the door. I was one step closer to her. One step.

One step.