Chapter Nine

°°°•••Grayson•••°°°

Randy was the only guy I knew who had a VCR so it took a lot of apologizing for him to give it up. I was anxious to look at the footage but he said the only way for him to give it up was if he could watch it too.

"This isn't porn, Randy." I snapped, plugging the VCR into the outlet.

My fingers were shaking and it took all my willpower to keep from bursting into tears.

But I had to stay strong for myself and for Sienna, no matter how much it hurt. She was probably hurting too; all the sick shit that bastard was probably doing to her.

"What is it then?"

"It's...the mall parking garage tapes from yesterday."

"Why do you need parking garage tapes?" Randy asked, sipping a beer. He was about the dumbest guy I could ever know but he was the only one I had right now.

"This shows what happened to Sienna."

"But how do you know she was taken in the parking garage?"

"Because Briella told me...kind of."

There were six tapes and they were all each labeled in my dad's blocky writing.

"1st Floor-East, 1st Floor-West, 2nd Floor-East, 2nd Floor-West, 3rd Floor-East, 3rd Floor-West"

"Which one do you think it is?"

"Second floor." I already knew.

"How do you know?" Randy asked as if reading my mind.

"'Cause she likes even numbers." I muttered, memories flooding back.

I slipped the east tape into the VCR and watched as it booted itself up. Biting my fingers, I realized that this just might be the evidence that saved Sienna.

But heavy knocks on the door shattered any way of seeing the footage.

"Open this goddamn door!"

It was dad. He knew I stole them.

"Shit. Don't open it." I whispered to Randy, my eyes pleading.

"I have to, dude. Your father's scary as hell. I just won't tell him that you're here."

"Are you crazy? He's gonna come searching in here either way."

More pounding on the door. "RANDY SANDLER, I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE."

"C-coming!" He called, casting me a regretful look. I groaned and stashed the tapes back into my bag and threw them on the rickety balcony.

I could just make out their conversation.

"Mr. Ramos, I can't let you in."

"Son, I am not in the mood. I know Grayson is in there!"

"I haven't seen him since....look, my parents are getting' it on in the other room and my dad'll be angry as all butter beans if they're interrupted." He lied.

"Randy, you aren't lyin' to me, are ya'?" Dad asked.

Silence. He must've shook his head.

"Alright...but if you see Grayson's behind and don't tell me, you'll be in a heap of trouble. He's tamperin' with evidence and that's a crime."

Oh shit.

"Okay, sir. Have a great day."

Once Randy was back upstairs, he patted my back. "Thanks." I said, throwing the backpack over my shoulder."

"Wait, you're not staying to look at it?"

"Nah, but let me take this VCR."

"Oh, alright."

And I jumped out the back window.