Chapter Seven

••°°::Grayson::°°••

News had gotten around town that my girlfriend was missing. I couldn't take it. The first time I heard, I didn't believe it and I punched Randy Sandler in the face.

The second time, I cried.

The third time, I drove around town looking for her and asking around if anyone had seen her.

I remembered how Sienna had mentioned shopping with Briella and that was the first house I went to.

Briella's makeup was running down her face. I could see the shine of tears on her face in the moonlight.

"What?" She asked, sniffing.

"Look, I know you're hurting but do you remember any suspicious activity with her?"

"God, the cops already asked me that! All I fucking remember is shopping with her and then I went to my car and she went to hers."

"Briella..." I said. There was more she wasn't telling me. I could tell in her eyes. I knew her since we were in kindergarten.

"What?" She wiped her face with a napkin.

"What else did you see?"

"T-there was one Ford truck. He drove really slow past me and it was...creepy, Grayson. I got into my car quick and drove away. That's all."

"Do you remember the license–"

"No! No..., look you should probably go and find your little girlfriend. She most likely ran away." Briella slammed the door shut.

Driving down the street, a flood of emotions overwhelmed me. Sienna and I had been dating for a year and I was pretty sure that I was in love with her.

I remembered her tender touch, her smile that lifted at one corner and the all the way into a full grin. Her piercing green eyes. Her wavy auburn hair that I moved to run my hands through when we kissed.

I slammed the brake at the police department. My father was the chief and I trusted that he'd give me some information.

But instead, as I sat in his neat office, all he said was, "You aren't Fairland County's vigilante."

I gritted my teeth and gripped the chair. "You know how I feel about her."

"I don't care, Grayson! I can't give you information! This is the police's job. We'll find her, son." He placed a heavy hand on my shoulder.

There was suddenly a knock on the door. Another officer was there and he asked to talk to my father.

I waited a few seconds and then ran around to the other side of his desk.

I opened a drawer but it only held snacks and a Desert Eagle.

I opened another drawer, rifling through the files. Ugh. I finally opened the last drawer and heaved a relieved sigh.

It was about the mall security tapes. A tape was inside of a baggie. It was probably evidence.

I fought the urge to slip them under my shirt. I'd be caught and seriously in trouble for tampering with evidence.

But I did it anyway because I was fighting for Sienna. I didn't care what I had to do to find her.