Chapter Five

Eventually I got up the energy to trudge over to the girl who was wrapped. I stared at her curiously, leaning onto the bed and pulling the tape off of her mouth.

It was pale white around her lips and then replaced with red.

She breathed hard, falling into me.

"Thank you." She rasped. I nodded and hugged her even though I was also the one who needed a hug.

"Can you help me with my wrists?" She asked? Her voice was light, as if she was a mere child. But she was definitely my age or a little younger.

I did and when we were done, we sat there. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Kiersten." She muttered, rubbing her raw wrists. Her straight blonde hair fell in clumps around her shoulder. She was pale, as if she was afraid of me.

Why wasn't I afraid? Why was I conversing with her? "Because we have to stick together," I thought.

"I'm Sienna. Sienna Olsen. How long have you been here?"

She started sobbing quietly. "A m-month."

My heart dropped. What if I'd be here for a month?

"Has he done anything to you?" She knew what I meant because she looked at me sullenly and with the most miserable blue eyes and nodded.

I hugged her again. She looked like she was barely over 14.

We sat there for a while, talking about things that'd keep our minds off of the situation at hand.

"Kiersten," I said finally. "we'll get out of this hell-hole if it's the last thing we do. I...promise."