Chapter Six

The door finally opened an hour into being there and he came in with two trays of food.

   "I see you've helped her out of bondage..." He scolded. He glared at me. I tried changing the subject.

   "I don't want that." I snapped. He set it on the small nightstand, a turkey sandwich and a browning banana.

   He frowned. "Marlon would want you to eat. For him."

   My heart stung. How did he know about Marlon? That was deep in the past, buried in the ground, far away.

   Sometimes I lied to myself to to keep from believing in the truth.

   But here this man was, uncovering unbearable memories about me as if he was some stalker.

   Watching my shocked expression, he chuckled and started towards the door. I couldn't take it. I had to get fuck out of here.

   I ran toward him, jumping on his back and attempting to strangle him. He let out a shout of anger and backed up against the wall. I wouldn't let go even though my back stung.

   Kiersten cried and covered her eyes.

   The man shoved me up against the wall one more time and I crumpled to the floor, moaning in pain.

   He kicked me in the rib, signaling another shriek from Kiersten. "STOP!" she cried.

   I gasped for breath, clutching my waist.

   "You'll regret that, bitch! You have a client tomorrow!" He spat, rushing out of the room and slamming the door behind him.

   The word "client" and my possibly bruised rib ran through my mind. Kiersten hurried over to me and placed a small hand over my cheek and the other over my bruise.

   I winced. Client? Client? Client? What was I up for?

   "Someone once told me," she muttered, wrapping a bandage and duct tape around my waist. "'Never give up if you can still fight for it."

  I stayed silent. I was frustrated Kiersten just sat there while I was abused.

   She didn't do anything. She just cried. I bit my bottom lip and looked away.

   "Well that really works since you've been here for a month." I said coldly.

   Kiersten stopped rapping and glanced at me sadly.

   "She also told me that I have to be patient enough to wait for what I deserve."

   I sighed and nodded. She was right. It wasn't her fault that I attacked him. It wasn't the right time to do that.

   Life is one of those games that you never survive.

   "What is he talking about 'client'?"I asked. No. No. No.

   "He means," Nonononononono. "sex."

   "No! I'm not doing that!" I cried. The heat of my cheeks and the pounding of my heart was all I could explain.

   "You have to. I didn't want to either but I was forced by three guys. Luckily, you'll only have one."

   "'Luckily'? Really? 'Luckily' is being home in my own bed with my b-boyfriend and my f-family and my own life! This isn't any type of luck!" I started crying uncontrollably.

   Whenever I cried, I looked extremely ugly. My cheeks turned bright pink and snot ran down my nose and I just looked a mess.

   "Well that reality that once was doesn't exist right now. You've gotta compromise. I won't give you all of the details but take his money. Pretend to be happy or he won't be very nice. And never, never talk back."