Chapter Eleven

•°•°•Grayson•°•°•

I shuddered watching the tapes. It showed her being taken by a large dark Ford Truck.

I wrote down everything I noticed in the tape. His description. The license plate number. What she was wearing. What he was wearing.

I'd never felt so...so angry before. The physical hurt in my heart was almost as painful as the mental hurt.

A tear fell down my cheek as my fingers trembled with the last sentence.

'She was wearing a silver heart necklace'

The one that I had given her five months ago for our year anniversary. It had cost me a two months of extra shifts at my cousin's hardware shop in order to buy it. But I loved Sienna so the price didn't matter.

I got into my truck and drove down the street almost hitting a squirrel.

When I finally got to the house...the house that I was at just a few days ago, I knocked on the door and waited.

I didn't know what the hell I'd say.

"Who is it-"

The spitting image of Sienna stood before me, just twenty years older. Evelyn Ross.

"Hello, Mrs. Ross."

Mrs. Ross normally looked so beautiful but now she had large bags under her eyes and her hair was stringy and matted to her head. Gerald Ross joined her at the door, appearing more healthy.

"Do you know what happened to our little girl?" Mr. Ross asked weakly.

I bit my lip and looked down. I didn't even know half the story.

"Well why are you here? Is your daddy investigatin' things?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Just then, tiny Tracy squeezed between her parents and stared up at me with big brown eyes.

"What's wong? Mommy said Senna went on a twip." She put her thumb in her mouth.

I knelt down, and gently grabbed Tracy's little wrists.

"Yes, but she'll be back. She'll be back really soon."