Chapter Four

I woke up to a bright light shining down at me. It was him. My kidnapper.

   "Get up. Now!"

   "Where did you take me?!" I shrieked. I smacked at the strong hands that clasped around my arms. "Shut up!" Is all he said.

   The sun was setting and I could just make out a large building. Where was I? How far away from home was I?

   He picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder, walking towards two heavy metal doors. I wiggled and twisted, shouting at him to let me go.

   He opened the door, holding one hand over my waist. The place was dark and smelled dusty and...abandoned.

   My God, I was doomed.

   I felt the heavy tears about to overflow.

   He opened another door, and another and then another one, dragging me along. I was tired and worn; not fighting back.

   I mean, why fight back?

   My life was damn-near over and like all those other girls who ever got kidnapped and killed, I'd be one of them.

   Was it because of my past? Because of what I did? No, it couldn't be. Was he seeking revenge? I didn't even remember him...

   The last room that he entered smelled of musk and vomit. He tossed me onto a lumpy mattress; I felt its hard springs.

   "Please no..." I whispered. I didn't glance at him. I shriveled up in the corner of the bed, covering my face with my hands. This couldn't be happening.

   "I'm not gonna hurt you." He said, leaning toward me and brushing a strand of stringy hair out of my face.

   I flinched.

   I couldn't fight him. He was so buff and big, I'd be no match for his strength.

   Just by the way he carelessly hoisted me over his shoulder and walked this far.

   "Look at me." He said. I closed my eyes tighter.

   "Look at me!" He shouted. Flinched again.

   My eyes slowly travelled up his tall frame and finally to his face where he stood with his arms crossed.

   He didn't have his sunglasses on and I regretted ever even looking at him.

   "Why am I here? What the hell did I ever do to you?!" I shrieked.

   He shook his head and grinned. He was handsome, someone I never would have suspected was a kidnapping-creep.

   "You, Sugar Pie, didn't do anything. I'm protecting you."

   "Protecting me from what? I don't need a hero." I said.

   "Yes you do. This is the only safe place I can keep you without them finding you."

   "Dude..." I reasoned. "I need to go home. Where am I?" I could've been a state away."

   "I can't tell you now...but I bought you something." He crossed over to a thick, dull grey curtain and pushed it to the side.

   A scream caught in my throat. I gasped, my cheeks flaming. There was another girl. She was tied and bonded to another mattress, staring at me wide-eyed.

   A tear travelled down her cheek and the duct tape that covered her mouth.

   "That's your new friend. She was misbehaving earlier but...I got her under control." He blushed then as if he was embarrassed.

   "You monster!" I screamed. He smiled again and tried leaning and giving me a kiss. I turned my head and slapped him hard across the cheek.

   His hand went up in a threatening way and then he put it to his side, clenching his jaw.  He grabbed my chin."Do that again and next time I won't hesitate."

   The man stalked off to the double door, opening it and closing it behind him. I could hear the horrible latch lock on the other side.

   How was I gonna get out of here?