Chapter One

Vote if you enjoy!

It's a strange noise.

It curls in the back of my mind, clawing at me like nails against a chalkboard. It wakes me up in cold sweats as images flash before my eyes. I see death. I hear my mothers scream. I feel my heart race as my mind begs for me to wake up. To snap out of it. I'm letting him in again. I'm not meant to let him in. 

"-Clara are you alright?"

I look up, my eyes meeting Fred's. He frowns at me, tilting his head and waving his hand in front of my eyes. 

"Wakey wakey..."

"Oh piss off," I say, rolling my eyes, and he sighs, hoisting himself up onto the dining table I'm sitting at and smiling innocently.

"Don't get grumpy, what if I die and you never see me again and the last thing you said to me is piss off?"

Molly hits him with a cloth and he scowls, "Don't talk like that." 

I look over at Molly with a pleading look and my face and she throws her hands up, shaking her head. "Please Molly, why can't I go?"

"You're not going, Clara, it's too dangerous."

"Molly's right, Clara." Mad-Eye says from the living room behind me, "You're far too valuable."

I sigh, slumping back in my seat and staring at the steam that rises from my mug of tea. It isn't fair. And I know how immature that sounds, but it's true- He's my brother. I should be going with them to fetch him. 

When Harry and I went out separate ways for the summer, it was harder than before. Writing letters was too dangerous, so I had to just hope that he was okay. Keep an eye on the paper and hope I didn't see the name Dursley or Potter printed in bold. It's strange, last summer I was pleased to be rid of him, but now, after everything, it feels wrong. Painful. 

And now I'm not even allowed to pick him up. 

"Don't worry, you'll see him soon enough," Hermione says, walking over behind me and squeezing my shoulders. I sigh, putting my hand on hers, 

"Tell him I say hi," I say, and she smiles, 

"Will do."

"Alright you lot, time to move," Kingsley says, and I stand up, pulling Hermione into a hug as the room comes to life. 

Molly puts down her cloth and pulls the twins into a hug, and eventually, we follow them all outside. I hurry over to Ron, pulling him into a hug, and he awkwardly touches his hands to my back. 

"Bring my brother back in one piece," I say, and he nods, 

"That's the plan." 

I step back, away from the group to where Molly and Ginny are watching. I glance at them, seeing their worry stricken faces as their family mount brooms and one Thestral, courtesy of Bill, ready to leave. I bite my lip. Our family. 

Suddenly, I run forward, passed the twins and Arthur, straight for one man in particular. 

"Hagrid, wait-" I say, and he looks up from his motorcycle, just in time to catch me and pull me into a hug. I bury my face into his shoulder. Between Minerva and him, it's all I have left of the funny group who raised me. I needed to say goodbye. 

I pull back, smiling weakly, "Bring Harry home." 

He does a small salute, and I roll my eye, "Yes sir." 

I nod, walking backwards towards Ginny and Molly as the group begins to take off. They rush past me, my hair blowing forward, as they disappear into the night sky. I turn back to Molly and Ginny, and they motion for me to come inside.