Chapter Eighteen

Vote if you enjoy!

Christmas appears rather suddenly, accompanied by a series of mandatory social events my mother has planned and a few guests that make me even more inclined to remain locked in my room, or even better, in London. 

With my father so often at the Ministry, buying the townhouse in a closed off wizarding neighbourhood in London only made sense. I also have a hunch my mother wanted me to feel as though I had somewhere I could take female company. Something I don't intend on having. Father gave me a set of keys and told me to use it when I wanted, as long as he agreed it was appropriate and I wasn't missing any important meetings. 

"You're an idiot, Malfoy, if you think I'd bring Pansy. It's way too suspicious." Daphne argues, grinning as she sips her martini. 

"They'd be all over each other, and I don't think anyone down there would appreciate it." Blaise chuckles from my bed.

Blaise lies on my bed, eating a box of chocolates someone gave me and all their other acquaintances for Christmas. Daphne stands by the fireplace, leaning on the mantel. Theodore sits with Millie on the floor underneath the window, both of them having had possibly too much whisky, and Crabbe and Goyle are playing an aggressive game of snap behind me. 

"Besides, she's busy keeping the first years quiet. These two Death Eater's have been ruthless, and Pansy's the only prefect anyone listens to anymore." Daphne adds, 

"Pansy's great," Millie mumbles, leaning on Theo's shoulder. He furrows his brow nodding in agreement. 

"She is- Are you saying she's at Hogwarts alone?" I shake my head, "Cause fucking hell, she'd never stay over Christmas unless it was very bad." 

"Oh fuck you mate!"

"No, fuck you that was fair and square-"

"Nah you snapped after I snapped,"

"I snapped first! I'm faster than you, Crabbe-"

"Fuck you that's mine, I'm the fastest snapper,-"

"Can you take your gay ass hand off mine thanks mate, you fucking speedy snapper piece of shit-"

"Oi! I'm the only one here with gay ass hands!" Daphne laughs,

"Sorry my mistake," Goyle says over his shoulder, and I laugh. 

Theodore stands awkwardly, and Millie frowns, finding her pillow has moved. Theodore walks over to them, teetering slightly over me, and then steadying himself, watching as Crabbe and Goyle continue their game. 

"I think you're both pretty good snappers, actually." He says slowly, slurring his words slightly Blaise rolls his eyes at me. Theodore has a habit of getting drunk a bit too fast. He's an enthusiastic alcohol fan. 

I glance over at Millie and frown, "You alright, Millie?"

She doesn't respond, her eyes glazing over slightly. 

"Alright, Crabbe, Goyle, your turn, get her to the bathroom. Theodore, be a good boyfriend and hold her hair back, will you?" I say, taking another sip of wine. The two groan, getting up and walking over to Millie. Crabbe kicks the pile of cards on the way past. 

They help her to her feet, and I watch as they walk her passed, seeing how green she is I wince- Millie can't drink most things. I didn't think whisky would be one she'd be alright with.

Daphne winces as Millie, Crabbe, Goyle and Theodore disappear into my ensuite bathroom.

"Poor thing, take notes, no whisky, champagne or vodka." Daphne nods at the door as we hear Millie throw up, "Well, she'll feel better tomorrow if she throws it all up now." 

I nod, finishing my glass of wine and putting it down onto the floor beside my feet. I stare at the fire for a moment. Two years ago I was standing on a street corner, kissing a girl I didn't know I loved. A year ago I was worried about her. And now, she's safe, somewhere, not here. My eyes glaze over. I can imagine her sitting on the end of the bed, a glass of red wine in hand, rolling her eyes at Millie getting drunk again. Laughing with us. Kissing me. She'd roll her eyes and tell me to stop being such an idiot, thinking such things. She'd tell me to move on. 

"Harry Potter's on the move, apparently. On the run, probably with Weasley and Granger." Blaise says quietly, 

I nod, "I know."

xxx

 Ron and I spent our Christmas tucked inside the little cottage next to the fire. We don't give gifts, we don't sing songs. We eat a nice roast dinner, courtesy of Fleur. We tell the two of them to go to the family Christmas at the burrow, but Bill doesn't want to tell them about what Ron has done. He doesn't want them to find out that Ron left Harry and Hermione alone. 

We kept sleeping in the same room. Having each others company is incredibly calming. We listen to the ocean and our breathing and are reminded that the other is there, alive. Fleur and Bill go to bed early, and Ron and I stay, bundled up in blankets on the large blue sofa by the fire. Ron frowns at me, 

"Do you think they'd even want us back?"

I sigh, "Yes, Ron, they would."

"But after everything..."

"You're Harry's best friend, of course, he'd want you back, and Hermione, well..." I smile, "Don't worry." I suck in a breath, "The one who they might not want is me."

Ron frowns.

"I killed someone."

He sighs exasperatedly, "In self-defence! You saved my life by doing it, alright? Harry wouldn't disown you. Neither of them would."

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Seriously." He sits up, "Hermione'd forgive you, but not me. You and I both know that."

I smile, "She's in love with you, you dumbass. Which will make her angrier at you for leaving." 

Ron rolls his eyes, sitting back and looking at his empty mug. 

"I'm not joking! She's just too proud to say it."

"Yeah, sure."

"Seems like you are too," I smirk.

We sit in silence for a moment and then Ron looks up, "I'm sorry about what I said, about Malfoy. You loved him, you shouldn't have to get over him."

"You are forgiven." I chuckle, "Just tell Hermione, one day, yeah? Or we'll all go mad." 

xxx

I've literally written so much guys prepare yourselves

Also Its been over a year since I first published book one???? What???