Chapter Sixteen

Vote if you enjoy!

Pain sprays up through my leg as we run but I force myself to ignore it as spells start to hit the trees around us. The ground seems to fall behind me as I run, sprinting down towards the sound of running water until Ron's arm flies out and catches me. 

I look down past my feet into swirling, dark water, and as I look up I see the other side of the river, far away from us. If we tried to swim we'd either drown or be killed by the snatchers behind us. I bite my lip, I know we won't fight our way out of this. 

Ron gives me a look of fearand I shake my head, turning back towards the three men who stroll slowly down towards us, smirking. 

"Given up, have we?"

We don't respond. 

The man who seems to be in charge nods at Ron, "Search him," 

The other two men immediately grab Ron by the shoulders, pulling him away from me and as one of them snatches his wand, the other starts searching through his back, throwing the contents out onto the ground. 

"What's your name then, lovely?" The leader says, walking over to me. A smile creases his face, and I shake my head, "Come on, don't be shy..."

"Rosa Arnet." I stutter. The man frowns, 

"And who's he?"

"Stan Stunpike." Ron manages, and the man scoffs, turning back to me, 

He smiles, reaching an oily hand up and caressing my cheek. His face, which has dirt collecting in his wrinkles and shines in the early morning run, contorts into a sneer, "I think he's lying," He says quietly, leaning closer so his hot breath hits my face, my ear, "You wouldn't lie to me, would you lovely?"

I don't respond. 

"Pretty little thing, aren't you?" He eyes me, tilting his head, "Found anything, boys?" He yells over his shoulder,

"Just this... book, Fellowship of the... something..." One of them answers slowly, 

The man moves back slightly to meet my gaze, "That's a muggle book, Rosa."

Ron look straight at me in dismay, "She isn't a muggle!"

"She can speak for herself," The man says quietly, more to me than Ron, "I'm sure she can make whatever noise she likes when she's told to." 

I look away from him, biting the inside of my mouth as Ron's eyes meet mine, they flicker down to my hand, which is still holding my wand. I realise we have a chance, a small one, but a chance. Ron then turns to the two men, and they begin asking him questions. I meet the leaders gaze, biting my lip,

"I'm not a muggle," I say quietly, and he raises an eyebrow, stepping closer. I can't move backwards, I'll fall into the river. His hands fall to my waist. He looks down at me, I swallow shakily, 

"You look familiar, have I seen you before?"

I shake my head, "Not that I remember, and I would remember," 

He's probably seen my face in the papers. 

"Boys, pack up, we'll take them back to camp with us." 

He chuckles, leaning forward so he breathes on my ear, and I close my eyes, taking a shaky breath. When I open them I see that the two men who were with Ron are shoving everything back into his bag, arguing over his identity. Ron glances at me, then back to them, starting to argue his identity. 

"If you behave and do as I say, lovely," The man says slowly, his lips brushing my ear, "I might let you go." 

Anger pools in my gut and I nod my head, my clammy hand clinging to my wand as I see Ron snatch back his rucksack. I feel his hands start to move, one of them grabbing my hip, and hiss, fear and anger boiling up and up as he presses me against him. 

"Deal," I say slowly, searching my mind for a spell, any spell, to get his slimy hands off me, as one hand snakes up my leg, my thigh, between them, and I snap-

"Avadacadavra!" I yell, and he goes flying backwards.  

I freeze. Everything freezes. The man lies there, completely still, his matted dark hair a mess around his empty eyes. Ron jumps at me, grabbing my arm, and my eyes meet his for a moment before we snap away. 

xxx

Our feet hit the ground and we stumble sideways, a loud crashing sound filling my ears as I fall to my knees. I stare down at my hands, my wand, shaking violently.

I killed him. I killed someone. He's dead. He's lying there dead he died I killed him I took his life away his eyes were so empty I-

I throw my wand away, down a long stretch of beach, my hands forming fists as I let out a scream. An aching wave of guilt crashes up through me, making me shudder as a sob wracks my body and I curl forward, my hands are so dirty. I feel dirty. Like I'm covered in his... blood.

I see frothy white waves lap at me, inches from my knees, and as a voice calls my name I heave myself to my feet. I run into the cold water. I don't want to feel this. I didn't want to do that. I should've just stunned him, god why didn't I just stun him? Why didn't I just stop?

I hug myself, sobbing hard, silent screams into the ocean as wave after wave batter my skin, drenching my clothes, numbing my hands. I open my eyes, seeing a grey horizon stretching out before me, huge, mountains of ocean rushing towards me. I close my eyes, letting my feet give way and slipping underneath the surface, engulfing myself in numbing cold. The heat and pain ache inside my chest and I squeeze my hands into fists.

What are we going to do? God knows where we are, God knows where we are going now, how we'll ever find Harry of Hermione, get back to them, help them. We're lost and alone and I've killed someone. I took his life away. 

Hands wrap firmly around my shoulders and I'm pulled to my feet, I cough and splutter, shuddering as my eyes meet Ron's.

"Clara? Clara!"

I look up at him, his red hair a matted cold mess, his eyes stained with worry, and he shakes his head, holding me up as a wave crashes through us.

I shake my head, my bottom lip wobbling as tears start to spill over, "I killed him," I croak. 

Ron nods, pulling me into a hug and holding me there, warmth against icy cold, his hands holding me to him, and then slowly helping me back to shore. Towards two figures that look out at us, worry stricken faces and crossed arms. 

Fleur and Bill.

xxx

I keep writing guys this is great 

Pretty soon it'll go back to weekly uploads but enjoy the slightly boring content while
you can.