Chapter Twenty-Nine

Vote if you enjoy!

We stumble out of the fireplace, coughing as the fire disperses and feeling a heavy silence fall on us. We stand in a bedroom, at the foot of an elaborate double bed and in front of a grand fireplace. An armchair stands behind Draco, and on the wall opposite me, I see a black wooden door. The room is dark, and as the green flames recede we are bathed in shadow. 

A loud, cruel voice echoes from the floor beneath us. I flinch. 

We make eye contact. Draco looks at me desperately, pleading wordlessly for me to leave, but as a loud, cruel voice echoes through the doorway, I plant my feet firmly. I can't let them die. Shakily, I walk over to him, wrapping my arms around him and pressing a kiss into his mouth. I may not get another chance. He pulls away, his hands on my wrists. I nod.

His grip tightens, and he twists me around, sending a sharp pain up my arms and I struggle, my book and the invisibility cloak tumbling from my arms. I scream, and he wraps an arm around me, the tip of his wand sticking into my throat,

"Don't move-" He growls, holding me still with one arm and picking the book and cloak up with the other. He presses a kiss to the side of my face, red with pain from how he had handled me, and then roughly drags me out the door and down a flight of grand, black stairs as I twist and struggle.

It is dark at Malfoy Manor. Morning breathes silently, giving off a hint of light outside, but almost all the curtains are drawn, not letting the cool, dim light in. We round a corner into a large hall-like room. Pillars stand on either side of the staircase we descend, tall, made of white stone. A large, ornate fireplace stands until behind a group of people, pale-faced, dressed in black. I recognise Narcissa is among them immediately. Draco throws me onto the ground, and I fall sideways, whimpering as another grabs my arm, pulling me to my feet.

My eyes meet those of Lucious Malfoy, and he raises an eyebrow, jabbing his wand into my throat so hard I fear it may pierce the skin.

"Found this one creeping around upstairs- She had this." Draco sneers, tossing what I assume is the book wrapped in the cloak on the floor by my feet.

Lucious tuts, and I struggle, but he tightens his grip, "I recognise you, however, I believe the last time I saw your face it was lifeless and you were dead."

I don't respond.

"Is this a disguise, or are you," He frowns, "Little Miss Potter."

At the sound of my name, I twist, jabbing my knee into his chest and wriggling from his grip, into the hands of someone else. Draco. He holds me firmly as I struggle against him as he reaches into the pocket of my jeans and handing my wand to his father. My eyes flicker across the room to where Ron and Hermione stand, with a large man, his arms wrapped around them, across their throats, holding them still.

"Everyone just calm down." Draco hisses, more to me,

"Exactly," Bellatrix whispers, from where she crouches, an arm wrapped around a boy's shoulders.

That's when I see that the boy is Harry. I flinch, horrified at his face, which is contorted and bloated with some sort of curse. His swollen eyes flicker from me to Bellatrix.

"Draco, here, now- Narcissa can take the girl." Narcissa walks over, holding up her wand loosely, and takes me gently from Draco's grasp. She knows it's me. She eyes me, concerned. Consumed by some motherly worry.

Draco walks over to Harry, eyeing his face with disgust. He glances at me.

"Well? Is it him?" Bellatrix breathes,

"I can't be sure-" Draco says quickly. Lucious places a hand firmly on that back of his neck, almost as if to hold him down. He mutters something in his ear. I feel Narcissa's grip tighten on my arm, but out of fear, not anger.

"-If we were the ones to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord-" Lucious croaks,

"You won't be forgetting who actually caught them," One of the snatchers growls,

"You dare to talk to me like that in my own house!" Lucious screeches, and I realise I am no longer being held, Narcissa pulls her husband away from her son, hushing him. No one watches me, instead, they watch as Bellatrix beckons Draco to come closer to Harry. I shiver. I have to do something.

I walk over to Harry, standing between him and Draco. Bellatrix chuckles, pinching my chin and lifting it. then firmly running her hand down to my throat and walking me back against one of the large, stone pillars that support the ceiling.

"Feisty little one, aren't you?"

She digs her fingernails into my skin and I whimper.

I say nothing, shaking my head. She raises an eyebrow.

Draco clears his throat, "What's wrong with his face?"

Bellatrix nods, reaching her free hand back and pulling Draco to his feet, motioning at me. He raises his wand, pointing it at my throat and keeping me pinned against the stone.

"Yes, what is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix sighs,

"He came to us like that, something he picked up in the forest I think." One of the snatcher's answer.

She turns to me, "Was it you, dear?"

I don't answer, and she giggles. She turns and then begins to walk towards Hermione and Ron, chirping in a high pitched voice, but I ignore her. 

My eyes meet Draco's, and for a moment we stare at each other, sensing the tension in the air. This is dangerous. There is so much worry on his face. Fear. His grip softens slightly. Then Narcissa gently taps his shoulder, warning him, and he looks up, blinking, his eyes returning to a hard stare. 

Bellatrix's muttering stops.

"Where did you get that?"

One of the snatchers, a broad-shouldered man with scrubby facial hair, is holding the sword of Gryffindor. 

There is horror in her voice. Fear. 

"Found it in one of 'er bags. Reckon it's mine now." 

She twists her wand through the air and wordlessly throws him onto the floor, the sword in the air, catching it and turning to face the snatcher holding Hermione and Ron. Contorting her arm, she creates a snake that twists around his neck, hissing and embedding its fangs into his neck. I squirm, gasping as he stumbles forward and Hermione and Ron are caught by another Death Eater. 

Bellatrix turns to the final snatcher and conjures a rope that wraps around his neck which pulls him forward on his knees. She stumbles and writhes onto his back as she tightens the rope. 

"Out! Out!" She screeches, releasing the men and steppimng back, watching as they retreat and then turning to Hermione, rage in her eyes.

She hisses, "Your bag was it," not waiting for an answer as she lunges forward. Hermione whimpers, Bekkatrix grist her teeth, raising her wand, 

"No-" I croak, and Bellatrix twists around to face me, "The sword is mine."

The words leave my throat before I have a moment to think. Terror rises in Draco's face. Bellatrix twitters, stepping back, away from Hermione, and examining her wand. She walks over to me, pushing Draco away and wrapping a slimy hand around my throat, her long nails digging into my skin, her wand pressed into my cheek. She examines my face, her eyes narrow, 

"Put the others in the cellar," She snarls, "I need to have a little conversation with little miss Potter on why you shouldn't take what isn't yours,"

xxx

Sorry it's late kiddos I am a travelling bean 

also those of you who had braces how long did you have them for my sentence is gonna be around two years